Guest debbie13

Advice on packing please.

Guest debbie13

I have had a few conflicting piees of advice regarding packing items to be shipped over to Perth. Someone said I can start packing things myself and wrapping delicate items in bubble wrap whilst someone else told me that I have to have the transport company to pack things so that they can do an itinery of the items they will be transporting. So in other words do I continue saving cardboard boxes from all my nearest and dearest?:skeptical:

HI

I wouldnt bother saving the boxes , the shipping company provide all the materials required. We had packed some things and then ended up unpacking them so the shippers could do the job again, like you say they do this in order to compile a comprehensive inventory.

Regards

Darrell.

If you're having a company do it then let them pack - it's also a bit of extra insurance for you I guess, if anything breaks and they've packed it they can sort it. They bring all the materials they need. I have heard that self packed boxes get looked at more closely at customs - don't know if that's true or not

You'd need to check the situation with regards transit insurance. We moved interstate and any boxes backed by ourselves weren't covered by the insurance, only the boxes packed by the removals company.

Another problem is AQIS, if you pack the box, the shipper has to mark it PBO (Packed by Owner) AQIS will then want to inspect it looking for dodgy xmas trees and muddy wellies, its best to let the shipper pack everything, they have a good rappor with AQIS and chances are everything will fly through :shocked: