Baldivis

Hi, can anyone please give me some information on the Baldivis area, i hope to be moving over middle of next year all being well with my visa and hope to rent at first with the view to buy land and build, the area was suggested to me and although i have visited secret Harbour and Mandurah i have never been to this suburb so any views on the area would be appreciated, i am 54 and single so would be looking at nice walking areas to walk my dogs, good restaurants and pubs,shops and any info on leisure facilties would be great, i will be looking to make new friends so the neighbourhood is pretty important. Cheers........ Ann:smile:

Hi,

Im not sure at the moment, that Baldivis would meet your needs to be honest! Its a lovely place, feels rural almost, but there is not really a lot there at the moment. There is a shopping centre with a Dome, Coles, pharmacy, bakery, gloria jeans and a few small shops. There is a newish tavern that is okay for food.

There has been an application to build a HUGE theme park there, incorporating restaurants, bars etc so if that gets the go ahead, then i'm sure in the future there will be excellent facilities. (Might spoil the rural feel IMO though)

We love Baldivis and would love to eventually buy an acreage and have some land for he kids to run wild

Hi,

Im not sure at the moment, that Baldivis would meet your needs to be honest! Its a lovely place, feels rural almost, but there is not really a lot there at the moment. There is a shopping centre with a Dome, Coles, pharmacy, bakery, gloria jeans and a few small shops. There is a newish tavern that is okay for food.

There has been an application to build a HUGE theme park there, incorporating restaurants, bars etc so if that gets the go ahead, then i'm sure in the future there will be excellent facilities. (Might spoil the rural feel IMO though)

We love Baldivis and would love to eventually buy an acreage and have some land for he kids to run wild

Hi, thanks for the reply, actually by what you describe it sounds quite nice, i live pretty rural at the moment but within a short driving distance from amenitities, theres a cafe (dome) coles, bakery etc.... so anything else i can drive to. I might think twice regarding the theme park though like you said may spoil the rural feel so worth exploring more into the future plans from the council if poss. I was thinking of Secret Harbour and love it there but i usually find it very windy, an estate agent recommended Baldivis to me on my last trip. Thanks for the info you have helped a lot, very much appreciated. Hope you get the acreage for the kids in the future.......... cheers Ann

Hi

Im in Secret Harbour and to be honest it is windy, but we love that in the summer!! We do have friends in Baldivis and you can feel a difference in temperature up there, it does feel a lot hotter in summer.

See what you can see on google regarding the theme park, it may be a few kilometres away from Baldivis so it may make no difference to the rural setting.

We came from a very rural remote village in the Uk and Baldivis would be more than enough for us, shops wise. Its only 10 minutes in the car to Rockingham where there is a huge shopping centre with restaurants, cinema etc anyway.

Good Luck Ann!

I agree, everyone says that Secret Harbour is too windy, goodness you are very grateful for that when the weather exceeds 28c which it does for most of the year, also your washing is dry in minutes :wink: Baldivis is lovely, we go there regularly and you have some new houses and some older ones with lots of land, its a smashing place. Good luck :wubclub:

Baldivis ... is a growing suburb , it is classed as semi rural at the moment ( which is why the nearest post office is in warnbro or waikiki ) but as has been mentioned it won't be for long , although personaly i feel it still does not have that feel of a suburb within a suburb if that makes sense .. the beach is less than ten mins drive as is the nearest train station , Settlers Hills has a deli , restaurant , hairdressers , fish and chip shop and real estate .. also the shopping center is a couple of mins drive which is at present expanding and is supposed to be the biggest one south of the river :) The Ridge has just had a doctors opened and some other shops are on there way up there as well . ( winery's around the corner ):smile: Tuart Ridge has a lovely park with free tennis courts .

The main shopping complex has Doctors and chemists, banks , Opticians , Dentist , and a couple of clothes shops are there at the moment , bakery and supermarket and a butchers , newsagents, outside there is another restuarant , Dome and the usual cafe strip diners ( Jamaica Blue , wok in a box , Pizza place ) Macdonalds, barbers, etc and a huge masters store is being built at the moment so is the new high school .

id say its worth a look and if you drive .. Grand !

if you want slightly more facility's on the doorstep maybe also look at waikiki ( beachside ) and warnbro ( beachside) Rockingham shopping center is only ten mins down the rd and cockburn central is just up the freeway .. Baldivis also has a bus service from where i am in settlers hills .

I am moving to Baldivis in January (got my accomodation already sorted there) and I am so looking forward to it - it will be a great place to live!!! :smile:

Will you be buying or renting, i have heard there are land sales there, you will have to send me a post and let me know whats it's like after your move, good luck with the move. Ann

Ann , i forgot to say there are lots of park for walking the dogs regardless of which subburb you choose and some lovely dog beaches down here as well :smile:

And quite a few vets with good reputations including a big one here in Baldivis .

Thanks for the info which was very informative sorta answered all i needed to know aswell as adding a couple of other suburbs for me to look at, so can't wait to get over there and start living the dream and walking my pooches in the parks and beaches. Thanks Ann

Ann , i forgot to say there are lots of park for walking the dogs regardless of which subburb you choose and some lovely dog beaches down here as well :smile:

And quite a few vets with good reputations including a big one here in Baldivis .

Hi Jackboots, what are the vets like in Baldivis - are they quite expensive. What's the vets called in Baldivis? Many thanks

Guest thepallis

Thanks guys for all this info. Baldivis is my top choice at the moment. Have friend in Mandurah also so that may be an option. We are heading over June 2012 unless we win lottery beforehand,:wacko: would like to get in touch with people going to any of theses areas. Sharon

Thanks guys for all this info. Baldivis is my top choice at the moment. Have friend in Mandurah also so that may be an option. We are heading over June 2012 unless we win lottery beforehand,:wacko: would like to get in touch with people going to any of theses areas. Sharon

Hi Sharon

I am moving to Baldivis in January 2012 with my 7 year old daughter. I also wanted to initialy live in the Mandurah area, but it is too far to commute for me to Perth, so we have settled on Baldivis, have got my accomodation sorted out so we are ready to go!!! We are going to Mandurah in October for 4 weeks to sore everything out. Good luck with your move next year. Take care. Michelle x

Hi GL , the vets here are quite good im told ... i actually use one in Riverton ( only because we are Aquis registered and i like my vet there ) the one on Baldivis is called Baldivis veterinary Hospital , you can't miss it .. also i am told the one at Port Kennedy is excellent , which is a ten min drive if that ...

For all those looking at * Baldivis* the area was filmed last month on Wanted Down Under and will be showing on the next Tv series in the UK ( whenever that will be ... someone mentioned early next year ) it had a write up in the local sound telegraph ( paper ) :smile:

Hi GL , the vets here are quite good im told ... i actually use one in Riverton ( only because we are Aquis registered and i like my vet there ) the one on Baldivis is called Baldivis veterinary Hospital , you can't miss it .. also i am told the one at Port Kennedy is excellent , which is a ten min drive if that ...

For all those looking at * Baldivis* the area was filmed last month on Wanted Down Under and will be showing on the next Tv series in the UK ( whenever that will be ... someone mentioned early next year ) it had a write up in the local sound telegraph ( paper ) :smile:

Thanks for that info Jackboots, that's great! Will check out the vets when we arrive. My dog is booked to fly out on 5th January (same day as myself and daughter!) I love watching Wanted Down Under and the old series are always repeated on UK TV. I was watching it a couple of weeks ago and there was a couple viewing a property in Baldivis - I nearly hyperventilated when I saw it!!!!!!!!! It just looked so brilliant - a lovely suburb!

Ooooh maybe that was the one then ? but was it quick or what ? they only filmed here last month the estate agents next door were showing them the houses ... did it come over as nice then ?:wink:

No, I think the one I saw was from 2009 - but Baldivis sure did look scrumptious!!!! It is probably more built up now though - 2 years on?! But, I bet Baldivis is still a great area to live! I can't wait to settle there, in Settlers Hills!!!! Great! :biggrin:

Guest mandi1971

Hi GL, can i ask who you used to look at rentals? We are looking at similar areas but there are so many rentals and websites my eyes are sore from looking lol.

What part of Newcastle are you from? We are at Four lane ends, also moving out in January xx

Hi GL, can i ask who you used to look at rentals? We are looking at similar areas but there are so many rentals and websites my eyes are sore from looking lol.

What part of Newcastle are you from? We are at Four lane ends, also moving out in January xx

Hi Mandi, great to hear from you, a fellow Geordie. I am from North Shields - can't wait to move out to Oz!! I have been very lucky with my rental accomodation in that I did not have to look through an agent. I booked a holiday rental for 3 weeks in January initially (which would have given me time to look at long-term rentals). However, the owners of the holiday rental emailed me to advise that they were thinking of looking to renting their home on a long-term basis rather than holiday rental, and asked if I would like to be their tenant, which of course I jumped to the chance as their home is absolutely gorgeous and just what I was looking for. So, I feel totally blessed that I do not have to trawl through letting agents for rental properties, trying to "beat down" other prospective tenants!!!! I just ned to get my student visaa, when I can apply, which will be in November on my return from my holiday in Oz!! Congrats on getting your visa approved, that must be such a relief!! Whereabouts are you heading once arriving in Perth? I was planning on heading to Halls Head, just beside Mandurah, but the daily commute to Perth would be too much of a drain, that's why I have chosen Baldivis - great place!!!! Good luck anyway and keep in touch! Take care, Michelle x

Guest mandi1971

Hi Michelle

I am looking at the same areas in the NOR, thats how i came across this thread, its great coz it answers all the questions i had. I think ive fallen in love with Baldivis after reading all the posts on there.

We are heading out January 16th, going to get a holiday home for about 2 weeks so we can look about and secure a rental, im not keen to do it from this end as ive never been to Oz before.

The main thing is settling on an area asap so the kids can start school in Feb.

Im just researching areas now and getting the container sorted and prices to take my dog etc, gonna need to win the lottery i think :wink:

Good news on your rental though, thats amazing for you, hope we have the same luck when we get there, cant wait now.

Keep in touch

Mandi xx:cute:

Hi Mandy, it's so exciting. My daughter and I have booked our one way ticket for 6th January, our dog flies out the day before us. We have a Westie and couldn't leave him behind!! We are going to be in the Settlers Hills area of Baldivis, which is quite near to Settlers Primary School. I am hoping my daughter gets a place there to start in February 2012. Can't wait to get out there and live the Ozzie live!!! Speak soon, Michelle x

Hi Sharon, it looks like i will be choosing Baldivis to live, i have been to Mandurah which is lovely but to pricey for me. I hope to be in Perth by next June but will have to rent for a while until i get settled in a job then i hope to get a plot of land and build. If your on Facebook theres a link for meet ups in Perth for newbies although most of the meetups seems to be up north of the river. Ann

Hi Michelle

I am looking at the same areas in the NOR, thats how i came across this thread, its great coz it answers all the questions i had. I think ive fallen in love with Baldivis after reading all the posts on there.

We are heading out January 16th, going to get a holiday home for about 2 weeks so we can look about and secure a rental, im not keen to do it from this end as ive never been to Oz before.

The main thing is settling on an area asap so the kids can start school in Feb.

Im just researching areas now and getting the container sorted and prices to take my dog etc, gonna need to win the lottery i think :wink:

Good news on your rental though, thats amazing for you, hope we have the same luck when we get there, cant wait now.

Keep in touch

Mandi xx:cute:

Hi Mandi, i am looking at Baldivis and had some real possitive feed back on here about the area, i see you are taking your dog over with you i shall be taking my 2 small dogs with me too, really couldn't leave them behind i can't wait to get them on the trails and beaches, i was wondering if you could tell me what company you are using to transport your dog and the cost if you don't mind me asking, it will give me an idea what i shall be looking at. Lets hope for a lottery win for all of us, the exchange rate id so dire. Ann

Guest thepallis
Hi Sharon, it looks like i will be choosing Baldivis to live, i have been to Mandurah which is lovely but to pricey for me. I hope to be in Perth by next June but will have to rent for a while until i get settled in a job then i hope to get a plot of land and build. If your on Facebook theres a link for meet ups in Perth for newbies although most of the meetups seems to be up north of the river. Ann

Hi Ann, Do you have the link for the facebook page?? I will join and keep up to date on whats going on. Maybe we could have our own meetup south of the river. Sharon