Lake Joondalup Baptist College

Lara24

Does anyone have/had kids at LJBC? What are your thoughts on the school and is it dificult to get in? I would ideally be able to put my son on the waiting list 6-12 months before he would be due to start Kindy.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Lara

Why Kindy? Plenty of excellent primary schools NOR, really no need for private primary.

Why Kindy? Plenty of excellent primary schools NOR, really no need for private primary.

I suppose I am just trying to limit the amount of change for my son. If he went to a local primary say in Currambine are there likely to be other kids moving to LJBC for secondary/high school years?

I suppose I am just trying to limit the amount of change for my son. If he went to a local primary say in Currambine are there likely to be other kids moving to LJBC for secondary/high school years?

Yes, plenty of kids from local primary schools go to private schools but to be honest and it is only my personal opinion, you are worrying unnecessarily far too early. Your child isn't even 4 or only just turned 4 and you are worrying about events 9 years down the line. Save your cash, find a good state primary and get your name down on a good private school. Just as a matter of interest, why LJBC. Are you a practising Baptist??

As with most parents we want the best school we can afford but in all the areas we are looking at affordable private schools seem to all have a faith attached to them. I am looking at LJBC because from what I have seen they are more relaxed about children coming from a non-religous family and we really don't want an education based too much on religion. Neither my husband or I belong to any faith and whilst I welcome our son learning about all different beliefs I don't want any one drummed into him.......hope that doesn't sound too harsh!

Really appreciate your help, any suggestions welcome. We are certainly not fixed on any set ideas at the moment. Hubbie going out for Reccie in November and we hope to be over next year once baby number 2 has arrived.

As with most parents we want the best school we can afford but in all the areas we are looking at affordable private schools seem to all have a faith attached to them. I am looking at LJBC because from what I have seen they are more relaxed about children coming from a non-religous family and we really don't want an education based too much on religion. Neither my husband or I belong to any faith and whilst I welcome our son learning about all different beliefs I don't want any one drummed into him.......hope that doesn't sound too harsh!

Really appreciate your help, any suggestions welcome. We are certainly not fixed on any set ideas at the moment. Hubbie going out for Reccie in November and we hope to be over next year once baby number 2 has arrived.

I had my child enrolled at LJBC and because of the year she was due to start I didn't get a place. I enrolled her in an Anglican school and with hindsight I am grateful. All religious schools preach their own religion in the Christian Ed lessons and when I looked into the Baptist faith I was mightily relieved my child didn't get a place. Catholic schools have to take a portion of non catholics and Peter Moyes Anglican, St Marks Anglican, St Stephens are all good school and don't require you to be a churchgoer. Just my opinion of course. When you actually arrive go and have a look around and see how you feel.

IMO, all the private schools you go to have a certain amount of religious instruction involved. Lake Joondalup Baptist college has an excellent reputation discipline, and good quality education. The school it self has much to offer and has a variety of sports/arts and cultural activities.

If you are planning on putting your kids into a private school from day one , I think this is a very good choice.

Good luck with your decision.

Thankyou both for your input, will try and get hubbie to have a look at a couple of schools when he is over in November.

sunnywa - out of interest how do you like Ocean Reef?

If you are looking private in this area you should also look at St Marks Anglican, just something to compare LJBC to.

• 4 years later...

I know this thread is very old but I am curious what your final decision was Lara24 and if anyone has any recent experience with LJBC as we are very keen?

We are also looking at St Stephens near Tapping but having read the recent thread "House Egged" I'm not so sure now about that area.

The other school we would like to check out is Currambine Primary School.

If anyone has anything positive or negative to say I'd love to hear it please.

I know this thread is very old but I am curious what your final decision was Lara24 and if anyone has any recent experience with LJBC as we are very keen?

We are also looking at St Stephens near Tapping but having read the recent thread "House Egged" I'm not so sure now about that area.

The other school we would like to check out is Currambine Primary School.

If anyone has anything positive or negative to say I'd love to hear it please.

I have no first hand experience of either school but have friends at both who are happy. I would say that I have heard from friends that LJBC are not that great at dealing with the inevitable bullying that occurs in all schools. Other than that I think they are much of a muchness. Have a look around both and see how you feel.