Quinns Rocks Schools

Guest brydenbunch

Guest brydenbunch

Can anyone tell me what the Quinns Rocks and Quinns Beach Primary schools are like ? We are migrating to Quinns Rocks end July 08 and I was wondering if anyone has any email addresses or websites I can contact, I have tried several already but they all bounce back !!:( Short of waiting until the wee small hours to call the school I would rather make contact first by email:p.

Any help/advice appreciated.:Wub:

thanks Rachel

Guest brydenbunch
Hi I recently phoned Quinns Beach Primary (tel 00 61 9 562 0000) to discuss our children attending when we arrive in June. They break up on 4th July for 2 weeks as schools in oz finish every 10 weeks. The web address is www.quinnsbeachps.det.wa.edu.au Hope this is of help to you. Good luck!! Rebecca

Rebecca

thanks for this , funny as I sit here at 6:20am this morning, I am just about to phone them up and I got your note. We hope to be there end July, cant wait !! How old are your children ?:)

Guest brydenbunch
Rebecca

thanks for this , funny as I sit here at 6:20am this morning, I am just about to phone them up and I got your note. We hope to be there end July, cant wait !! How old are your children ?:)

What time of day did you call them, as I get no answer, have called from 6:30am until 7 !!

Rachel

Guest Rebecca

Hi Rachel, It's funny I often get called Rachel. I called the school around 7.45 am their time - that may have been about 11pm to midnight here. Initiallly we will be staying with friends in Mindarie for 3 weeks whilst we look for a rental in Quinns and I was concerned that they would not get into Quinns school with being in Mindarie for the first 3 weeks, however, they said we would just need to have an appointment with the head person to get the o'kay. I don't want to be moving my kids around different schools and we definitely want to live in New Quinns.

My children are 7 girl and 10 boy. My son would start high school here in September which I did not want him doing as he has to go back to year 5 in oz with their school year being Jan to Dec. Keep in touch, let me know how you get on. I can't wait to get there.

Guest brydenbunch

Hi Rebecca, i can't wait to arrive too. We are looking at holiday rentals this week in quinns/mindarie, this will be for the first 6 weeks, until we find a permanent rental, so will get in touch when we arrive. Our boys are 6 and 2 in May, so Niall should start school fairly soon, the other is too small to worry about for now !! I hope he gets a place in either Quinns Rocks or Quinns Beach, either will do, if not Beaumaris has a place if we need to live near there instead. I am real excited and just cant wait to pack up the house and go.:D

Hi Rachel, It's funny I often get called Rachel. I called the school around 7.45 am their time - that may have been about 11pm to midnight here. Initiallly we will be staying with friends in Mindarie for 3 weeks whilst we look for a rental in Quinns and I was concerned that they would not get into Quinns school with being in Mindarie for the first 3 weeks, however, they said we would just need to have an appointment with the head person to get the o'kay. I don't want to be moving my kids around different schools and we definitely want to live in New Quinns.

My children are 7 girl and 10 boy. My son would start high school here in September which I did not want him doing as he has to go back to year 5 in oz with their school year being Jan to Dec. Keep in touch, let me know how you get on. I can't wait to get there.

• 5 months later...

Hi. Im new to the forum and totally stressed out about the whole schools thing. I would love to hear from anyone with kids in either Quinns Rocks/Beach primary schools. We're moving over in Jan 2009 and are considering either of these but peoples opinions of them seem to be mixed. Our daughter is doing really well in school right now and I'd hate to mess things up for her, but its so hard to make an informed decision from the other side of the world.

Guest brydenbunch

Hi Rebecca, have you arrived yet ? we are finally moving from our rental in Quinns Rocks into our first home in Jindalee, if you fancy meeting up let us know. gandrbryden@hotmail.com