Western Power - team UK!!!

Guest sweetpea 1

Guest Streetracerrx7

Congrats Alan what was the interview like ? what did they ask ? who you working for at the moment ? know a couple of lads had their interviews recently in Manchester.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate the interview was very formal and relaxed they just asked a couple of questions about safety really mate the rest was about lifestyle I'm workin for freedom at the moment on 33kv rebuilds and being upto my armpits in mud is wearing a bit thin!

Guest Streetracerrx7
Cheers mate the interview was very formal and relaxed they just asked a couple of questions about safety really mate the rest was about lifestyle I'm workin for freedom at the moment on 33kv rebuilds and being upto my armpits in mud is wearing a bit thin!

where you working? was chic latto a big boss there a while back ?. thats good to know i have my interview soon so hopefully all goes well !!! did they tell you where they were going to put you ? do you get a choice of depots ?

ye ano ide say it would be a lad i worked with in ireland is working for a company outa melbourne hes working in canberra hes on transmission at the minute LAHA is 250 a day !!!!!!! and if it rains they go back to yard if its not cleared by 11 they get paid the rest of day. they dont even have wet gear !!!!!

good luck with your interveiw mate im working in essex at the moment the name rings a bell mate but i cant think from where. im not sure if i get a choice of depots il just have to wait and see hope its not another three weeks before i hear anything just want to get the ball rolling now.

Edited by alan

• 2 weeks later...

hi all been reading this thread . there is alot of gd information in it. i have just returned my signed contract to western power and will be coming over in febuary time by looksof it ! i see alot of you guys commenting are already over if use have any tips or any advice you with you had knowen b4 getting over all information will be gratefully recieved. i am 26 years old goin to be based in albany and am coming over myself

Guest Streetracerrx7

bit of an update lads i got the job and i start on monday well tuesday as monday is my day off lol my first day at work is my day off Great!!! any one on here working outa jandakot ?

• 2 weeks later...

don,t know if they gave you a choice for Albany mate, but there is not much down here for a single bloke. Its very isolated from any other big town. Been here for a while now and its very hard living..

If your not happy with where they have offered you then let Aileen know I'm sure they will try and sort something else out for you. There is a position in Mandurah because I've turned it down. Ive had to turn the offer down so I'm no longer going to WA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gents,

We have had a number of guys move over from WA/WP to Melbourne for a number of reason and have more coming over in April. We have a Cert III course staring in April so if you are keen or know of someone that would be keen to make the move to East Coast and get on with obtaining their Cert III feel free to message me.

• 3 weeks later...
no a didn't mate just the western power assessment n that was it process was pretty straight forward for visa only took a week 2 get it

What did that involve?

I applied for jobs in Melbourne but Vetassess are a complete pain, initially they rejected my paperwork because I didn't have it certified (I sent over 100 pages of photo's/reports/permits/plans/diaries etc!) and since re-sending some certified paperwork about a month ago I still haven't heard back. The company that paid for my assessment have since lead me to believe that my application will be rejected due to not having 2 years of post apprenticeship experience (though in the interview they believed it wouldn't be a problem) after phoning Vetassess myself to confirm this, they've told me that will be decided following a practical assessment & interview but haven't given me any dates or any time frame.

:skeptical:

It's a bit frustrating, but fortunately Western Power have now contacted me regarding a job in Busselton.

I've only been asked a couple basic questions so far about my authorisations and experience, but I'm expecting further contact/a phone call in the next week.

Has anyone here been to or worked for Western Power in Busselton?

It looks like a nice place, nice beaches etc - I know it's rural and over 3 hours from Perth, but to be honest that doesn't bother me.

I'm young and have no family, I'm just after a warmer climate and good career opportunities.

I live in a rural area here, I'm much happier being close to a nice beach than a big city and if the overtime opportunities are better outside of Perth then I'm thinking it will be a good move?

Guest Slatsey

Hey Sam. Send me a private message(as I don't know how) and ill give u a bit of info about the area your thinking of going and the company your going to join. Craig tells me your a wpd employee. I was also in Haverfordwest :) speak soon mate

• 6 months later...