Would welcome any advice ... please

Guest pagey67

Guest pagey67

:embarassed:Like many others we have talked about moving to Aus but never has felt the right time.

We feel now is the time. But just don't know where to start. OH is a skilled bricklayer, so from the points test he qualifies on the skilled migration route.

Does he need to apply for TRA before we do anything else, or can we do that and apply for the visa at the same time. (does TRA cost and how much)

Would also appreicate peoples views on doing it themselves or through an agent.

What other fees are there ie visa fee do you pay for all applicants or just the main.

I feel really embarressed asking all these basic questions, but have searched and searched on the internet and can't seem to find my answers.

Many thanks

The Pages:embarassed:

Guest enviromaz

Hi

To be honest with you I think using an agent is the way most ppl go but it really depends how much time you have and how confident you feel about the paperwork. Your OH will need TRA approval which can take some time to prepare. We have used an agent for our application mainly due to the amout of info the TRA ask for - my OH is an Industrial roofer and his TRA application was 57 pages long describing what he did, types of tools etc. In total our costs will come in around £5000 but this does include everything.

Hope this helps

Maria

Guest Bob Briggs

Your OH will be welcome with open arms as a lot of brickies out here are from eastern europe and are not as good as the Brits. Self employed or Subby is the way to go

Guest enviromaz

Hi Bob

Thanks for that. Don't suppose you would know if there is a particular area it would be easier for him to get work?

Maria

Guest enviromaz

Hi again Bob

Sorry I just noticed that your reply was probably meant for someone else as my OH is an Industrial roofer.

Maz

Guest pagey67

Thats great to know. Thanks for the info.

Your OH will be welcome with open arms as a lot of brickies out here are from eastern europe and are not as good as the Brits. Self employed or Subby is the way to go

Guest Bob Briggs
Hi Bob

Thanks for that. Don't suppose you would know if there is a particular area it would be easier for him to get work?

Maria

Maria anywhere around Perth if you are thinking of Western Australia. There are houses going up North and South of the river. A good web site for work is the West Australian (newspaper). Builders are crying out for good trades men. Just be mindful that things are built slightly differant out here due to the climate.

Guest Bob Briggs

Even roofers are sought over here. Try a google search for The West Australian (newspaper) and they show jobs in there.