457 visa - school cost

Corinne14470

We are starting the visa process and IF we have to consider the 457 route, as I understand the schooling has to be paid for? Does anyone have any idea of the cost of this - primary? many thanks

If you are coming to WA then 457 holders are not liable for school fees. Only NSW and ACT charge temp visa holders fees for schooling. You will still be asked for voluntary contribution, cost of books, uniform etc. Voluntary contribution at our school is $45 per child.

Hi there Im new to this site normally use PIO, I am hopefully moving to York not far from Perth on 457 Visa I was unsure about costs etc, however I got in touch with the local school & they were ever so helpful about it all. I don't have to pay a fee as such like you would if it was a private school but I do have to pay contributory payments for books etc. My son will be primary age when we go too, which hopefully will be soon dependant on the visa process :biggrin:

My son is in Primary School (year 7 this year).

Our voluntary contributions is $60

Up front excursions/incursions $90 (you can pay as you go)

Dance $20

Swimming $60

Drama $35

Mathletics $10

P&C Contribution $50

Building Fund $20 (tax deductable)

My son plays electric guitar in the band

Band $80

Guitar lessons $440

He'll have yr 7 camp and also graduation stuff, end of year activity

Personal items list for year 7 is $124 but you'll find that after initially buying everything, some years you can get by with re-using folders etc.,

My daughter is in Year 12 this year and her costs depend on the subjects she has chosen - I've paid over $400 for the text books alone for her year 12 course.

I know I worked it out & thought about it. In the UK you have to pay for most extra things like football club, dancing, school trips etc in primary school but you don't have to pay for books & stationary. But when your child goes onto Secondary School/ College then you do have to buy stationary, books, pay for trips etc. The list is endless. The thing I would say is it not much different to here just you pay at primary level too.