Moving from Hartlepool uk with a

Guest Hartlepool@11

Guest Hartlepool@11

Hi all we are a couple with 2 boys 7 & 9 ,both have good jobs in uk,been offered a job in Perth and coming with it is all help with moving visas etc flights,medicare super annual ion,have got our house rented in uk just waiting on visas ,still bit nervous is it all worth it??????? I suppose nothing to lose any opinions would be nice thank you.

Hi all we are a couple with 2 boys 7 & 9 ,both have good jobs in uk,been offered a job in Perth and coming with it is all help with moving visas etc flights,medicare super annual ion,have got our house rented in uk just waiting on visas ,still bit nervous is it all worth it??????? I suppose nothing to lose any opinions would be nice thank you.

You sound like me about 8 months ago! We both had good jobs near Middlesbrough, my OH was offered similar to you, got help packing our stuff up, rented the house out and here we are!! Been here for about 4 months now, so Im pretty much a novice and finding out stuff as I go along, but on the whole its been a good move. My girls are 9 and settling them has been a priority ( getting there slowly!), but life here ispretty good so far. There are days I have wobbles if we've done the right thing but I think thats only natural ; its a great place, people in general are really helpful and theres loads to do. In short - loving it so far. Hope this is helpful and let me know if theres anything I can help with - will do my best.

Guest Hartlepool@11
You sound like me about 8 months ago! We both had good jobs near Middlesbrough, my OH was offered similar to you, got help packing our stuff up, rented the house out and here we are!! Been here for about 4 months now, so Im pretty much a novice and finding out stuff as I go along, but on the whole its been a good move. My girls are 9 and settling them has been a priority ( getting there slowly!), but life here ispretty good so far. There are days I have wobbles if we've done the right thing but I think thats only natural ; its a great place, people in general are really helpful and theres loads to do. In short - loving it so far. Hope this is helpful and let me know if theres anything I can help with - will do my best.

Sounds like your enjoying it.!!!!! What does your OH do if u dont mind me asking,think i will be based in perth working for a mining co,not sure what the suburbs are like was thinking doubleview,scarborugh,jondaloop, where have you decided to stay,luckily bthe company i am starting for give you 3 months free housing to help while you look for a place,we were hoping to let my OH look after the kids and get settled before she starts to look for some partime work etc,be there for kids in morning and when they come in from school,we have heard a lot of stories reagrds cost of food etc whats that like,are the prices ok or a fortune like they say,just hope what i get paid lets us live a little,dont want to be scrimping around ,just we dont have to here thats all,Thanks for the reply

Sounds like your enjoying it.!!!!! What does your OH do if u dont mind me asking,think i will be based in perth working for a mining co,not sure what the suburbs are like was thinking doubleview,scarborugh,jondaloop, where have you decided to stay,luckily bthe company i am starting for give you 3 months free housing to help while you look for a place,we were hoping to let my OH look after the kids and get settled before she starts to look for some partime work etc,be there for kids in morning and when they come in from school,we have heard a lot of stories reagrds cost of food etc whats that like,are the prices ok or a fortune like they say,just hope what i get paid lets us live a little,dont want to be scrimping around ,just we dont have to here thats all,Thanks for the reply

Hiya. My OH is in oil/gas industry and we are in Hillarys at the moment. The price of things here is a bit of a shock at first - some things seem a load more expensive but you can find offers etc - some of the stuff posted on here under " cost of living" is really good. Having said that , we went home for Christmas and I got a shock how much the price of food there is creeping up. You sound in a very similar situation to us - we both had fairly good wages and within reason could go out for meals etc whenever we wanted. Now I only work a few hours a week as I need to be there for the kids and we dont have as much disposable cash but are nowhere near as stressed as back home, and do loads more with the kids. The areas you mentioned are pretty pricey ( we loved Scarbrough when we first came out); rentals on the whole can be expensive . Have a look on REIWA or Realestate.com.au ( think thats right) to stat looking at prices. Its hard to get an idea of where you like until you start having a look around but it gives you an idea of prices or what you can get for yr money. Good luck and stay positive