Sign in to follow this  
ali

Hi

Hi I'm Alison (ali), and I've been using the Poms in Oz site for a while. We - Hubby Nigel, Alexandra (11) and Thomas 6 are looking to move to Perth in early Jan 2007. Accepted an offer on the house and fingers crossed that should go through. Had thought of moving before xmas, but would feel like billy no mates and have heard that this isn't always a good time to make the move, leaving people unsettled and missing home. So we've decided to make this a good xmas, saying goodbye to family and friends. Can't wait to get there....

Ali

Guest SHEL & TRACE

Hi Ali,

We are around the same visa wise as you.

We will probably be a little later - hopefully April at the latest.

We live up the road from you at Whittle le Woods.

Were are you heading when you get to Perth?

We are looking at the new estate at Butler/Brighton.

Shel

Hi Shel,

What a small world - you're only up the road!! We're thinking of living SOR, i've been offered a job in Armadale, looking at Success, Birba Lake, Hamilton Hill areas, but it depends on prices when we get there, heard Jandakot and Beeliar are o.k. too.

Ali

Guest joan1970

hi we have the same idea, the only thing stopping us is the education system, my oldest son is 13 and due to go to his gcse year in sept, do you know if you have to go private to grt good secondary school education. our state education in ireland is second to none, let me know how you get on, wish i was as brave been talking about it for years, were do you think you will settle, i hear the house pries in perth sre shooting up big time, thanks joan.

Hi, we've arrived in perth, been here 2 weeks and all settled really quickly. The house prices we're told are starting to settle and staying on the market a little longer. Having said that, the suburb we want to live they don't come on the market that often, so we'll move quickly if we find something.

I believe the state system here is good and we'll be using it. It may be worth finding an area your thinking of living and contacting the school and asking them questions. The primary school my kids are enrolled in have been really helpful.

Ali

Guest joan1970

Hi Ali, have you a job yet? What are you hoping to work at? How are the kids settling in and where do you think you'l settle, ive been looking at prices in Joondalup, its beside a hospital and supposed to be a nice part of the city. Im nursing at the mo in my local hospital so dont think there would be a problem getting a job, well so i hear, my friend is a midwife in adelaide and she moved a year ago with her hubby and children, she loves it and is trying to talk me into going there, decisions decisions! Dying with the cold for the second time in a few months so somewhere sunny seems very appealing. Glad things are going well, have you a good gut feeling about the move? talk soon, joan