Corinne14470

Anybody had shipping/luggage troubles?

I am bringing over some emdicines and shipping all house really..taken any old wood out and wool without dry clean labels and all the obvious stuff but has anyone been stopped and fined hugely for anything not obvious?? I've seen the programmes :skeptical: (!) where a silly woman takes in some dried food then gets fined a huge lot. i wanted to take my salt and pepepr mill as its a wedding presnt would clean them but wood and glass. nothing suspect!!! Other silly bits like that..

Hi are you using a shipping company for all your things? if so they will be able to tell you what you can and cannot bring.

Saying that i was told i couldn't bring my candles and when we got here and unpacked guess what was there yep my candles.

Its untreated wood they do not like and things like sea grass. We had a couple of wood ornaments bought for us from Africa and they said we couldn't take them.

Good luck with your move:smile:

Edited by cookie monster
spelling mistake

One of my mum's boxes never arrived. And it had all the old family photos in - from a pre-digital photo age. Although you can insure stuff, some things you can't actually replace. My tip would be for items like that, make sure they're split between boxes/cases.

will let you know in about 3 months regarding shipping my belongings are being packed up on the 11/6/12 :o)