IT Jobs IMPOSSIBLE to find

Sweet! my oh is working with Network systems and is trained with Citrix... he's got about approx 15 years experience. thanks so much, I look forward to hearing from you soon!

HI OzDublin - pretty similar to my husband with 15 years experience. Get the CV out there and start hunting now - I know you are not in the country but thats what I would do - also get him to be an active member on linkedin and join all the IT groups in Perth. Is he a network engineer or systems person? It seems that they look for specific experience on the job descriptions and want you to be able to do everything on the ad - really to be in a position to hit the ground running with the role. My OH is still looking but will let you know the progress!! Is it just the two of you coming over?

Guest ozindublin

thanks for your advice surhythms, there are four of us coming over, two small ones... we're very lucky to have my Mum in Esperance, so we'll 'holiday' with her until a job is found in Perth. I know my oh won't relax until he's working over there, so sooner the better. I'd also like the to be set up in a house etc, so the kids can start feeling like Perth is their new home, then schools can be found etc. I figure once all sorted, I can get them into a school before the end of the year, so friends can be found for them. thanks again for keeping in touch. regards, stacy.

Guest middleearth

I'm an IT manager and thinking about emigrating to Australia but can't find the occupation on the Skilled occupation List I've also worked as a system admin and various other rolls in IT.

Just wondering if I'm wasting my time or not because my occuaption is not on the SOL.

Help

I'm an IT manager and thinking about emigrating to Australia but can't find the occupation on the Skilled occupation List I've also worked as a system admin and various other rolls in IT.

Just wondering if I'm wasting my time or not because my occuaption is not on the SOL.

Help

Hi Middleearth

I dont think you will find IT Manager on the SOL. It may be on one of the skills occupations for the state but I dont believe that IT Manager is on the list for WA. Depending on what you worked in like sys admin you will need to get your skills verified by the acs. Have a look at all of the state sponsorship skills in demand lists and that will determine what state you can apply to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ozindublin

Morning surhythms! just wondering if your OH has had any bites regarding work yet? I really hope he has and your beginning to settle comfortably!