SkillSelect (the new changes)

Guest imigrate Australia

Guest imigrate Australia

Hi guys

I have been overseas and for some (cyber) reason, I couldn't login.

I am back in Perth tomorrow and will be back online. The changes are effective and I will be exploring the implications in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Phil

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imigrate Australia

Hi all

I will be posting an update early next week.

I am holding a webinar on Sunday for people and will record it/post it here.

Not much extra information, but there are some critical additional matters arising which are worth noting

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OzzieWishes

hi - do you have any idea what kind of time frame we could be looking at once an EOI is submitted as to when we'll be invited to apply? My EOI (190) was submitted on 1/7 and EOI (189) was submitted on 2/7...i know they will look at skills specifically in need but surely if it's on the DIAC list then it's needed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

Can i ask a really silly question? Even if you have enough points to apply without an exact occupation on the Skilled Occupation list can you still submit an EOI? I have parents who are Australian Citizens, i am 35, and have lots of work experience in my occupation (Research Administrator) also and NVQ 3 in Business and have just started a HNC in Business and Management, this is so confusing???

Thankyou

Guest imigrate Australia

Hi All

Been a while. I've been overseas.

Questions/answers

Anyone can submit an EOI but the key is being invited. The basic rule is if your occupation is not on the SOL or CSOL, you will not be invited. Also the EOI will require a skills assessment.

The SkillSelect process is in early days and they are working out any glitches they may have and testing the system for application. The State Sponsored invites should follow shortly I would suggest.

Someone on this forum said that the SOL would be the so called main skilled occupations list, and the CSOL the secondary skilled occupations list. But according to my interpretation the CSOL should be (or even is) the main list, since it is the consolidated one. I would like to know if my understanding of things is the correct one or not.

Other than that I have hundreds of questions.

Levi

• 2 months later...
Guest sharonann

Hi, just looking at emigrating at the moment but it all seems very complicated. Do I need to wait for an invitation to apply for a visa? If so who? What is a EOI?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest sharonann

Hi, just looking into emigrating at the moment but it seems like a very complicated process. Do I need an invitation to apply for a visa? If so who from? And what's a EOI?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest ParthShah
Hi all

The new changes are close (less than 6 weeks away).

For those of you interested, DIAC has information at the following link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

I'll post more info as its released if there is interest. Just made a vid on some info just released - should be ready soon.

Any questions, feel free to ask, i'll do my best to answer with the limited information we have at the moment.

Cheers

please answer

Guest ParthShah

Hello Philip

I have applied my state sponsorship with EOI in the first week of December 2012. I am workinig as an Electrical Engineer and I have done my skill assessment as an Electronics Engineer. The website says you should be working in your occupation or closely related occupation. I think Electrical and Electronics are the closely related occupation. Do you think in my case I will be invited ? How long will it take? I have done my engineering degree in Perth and now I have 1 year experience as an Electrical Engineer and my employer also wrote a letter for me that I will be working another 12 months as per EOI criteria.

Could you please advise what may happen in my case?

Thanks

Parth

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am an Asset Integrity Engineer with 3 years experience and a BSc Mechanical Engineering. I think I will be on the list but can my partner who I have lived with for 4 years move with me even though we are not married? She would also want to work when we arrive but only has high school qualifications. I have been told this is possible.

Thanks

Scott

• 4 months later...

Hi there, when it comes to EOI and skill select, do you have to have your skills assessed before you can lodge an EOI? The reason I ask is that my partner has just recently acquired his doctorate degree, he has a masters and honours degree to. He is currently doing a project managers international course, which he is three months off completing. So should he do an EOI before completing his project managers course or focus on getting his qualifications verified first?

Thanks

Kate