Employment Agencies

Hi

Please can anyone recommend any good employment agencies in the Bunbury area. We have emailed loads but not getting a reply. Starting to think we will never get over to Oz.

Would appreciate any ones advise.

Love this site and reading peoples progress and support but is also making me very jealous !! LOL

Thanks

Guest lesleybruck

Hi deb Brian we used a brilliant agent based in London, called Taylor Hampton solicitors guys name is sammy. They have been excellent and have helped us all the way. He goes above and beyond what u expect and even gets up early to call oz if needed lol. They charge around same as other agents but they have been amazing and we've been kept informed of everything all the way, you won't go wrong with sammy, if you do call them tell him Lesley and Ian recommended him. Good luck with process. X

South West Personnel would probably be the main recruitment company in Bunbury. None of the agencies in Bunbury seem to get back to you unless you hound them with phone calls and that's even if you live here. My wife was kind of disappointed with them after going in and doing typing tests, etc and then not hearing anything back.

Flexi Staff are another one that springs to mind.

What sort of work are you looking for in the Bunbury area?

Guest abzjap

Hi DebnBrian,

We have found that the agencies are a waste of time as employers are not willing to pay the high finders fees that this would incur. Seek is a good job search site. We also went direct to companies and found that this worked really well - we ended up going out and we both found jobs my OH's with sponsorship so our visa is beig processed and should hopefuly be ready in about another week... We are all booked to leave the UK on the 9th July!

Good luck

Hi DebnBrian,

We have found that the agencies are a waste of time as employers are not willing to pay the high finders fees that this would incur. Seek is a good job search site. We also went direct to companies and found that this worked really well - we ended up going out and we both found jobs my OH's with sponsorship so our visa is beig processed and should hopefuly be ready in about another week... We are all booked to leave the UK on the 9th July!

Good luck

MMM strange comment about agencies as there are over 300 in WA and none of them get goverment subsidies so I wish someone would tell me how they stay in business if companies dont use them

Guest abzjap
MMM strange comment about agencies as there are over 300 in WA and none of them get goverment subsidies so I wish someone would tell me how they stay in business if companies dont use them

Yes this is our experience - my OH even got through a 2nd interview with Expro with an agency only to be told by Expro that they don't tend to take staff on via agencies as they cost too much on top of sponsorship!

Even the agencies went back on all their promises and we both ended up getting work off our own backs but both through SEEK.

The whole point of this site is for people to share their experience and this is ours!

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest akmirror

Hi Philpom,

I am planning to come to Bunbury next month and would be glad to get some information regarding job hunting...I am aware that finding jobs in my occupation (I am an Electronics ENgineer by profession) is bit difficult and so I am glad to do any job as a startup. Can you provide me any recruitment agency I should be in touch or anything else. Basically, I am starting from scratch, so you can imagine my pysche right now...wud be glad if some good info comes up....thanks

Hi Philpom,

I am planning to come to Bunbury next month and would be glad to get some information regarding job hunting...I am aware that finding jobs in my occupation (I am an Electronics ENgineer by profession) is bit difficult and so I am glad to do any job as a startup. Can you provide me any recruitment agency I should be in touch or anything else. Basically, I am starting from scratch, so you can imagine my pysche right now...wud be glad if some good info comes up....thanks

Get in touch with a company in Bunbury called Overflow Industrial. They are electrical engineering contractors. A friend of ours owns the business and they seem pretty busy so you never know your luck. Not sure that he would do sponsorship though.

Guest akmirror
Get in touch with a company in Bunbury called Overflow Industrial. They are electrical engineering contractors. A friend of ours owns the business and they seem pretty busy so you never know your luck. Not sure that he would do sponsorship though.

Thanks for that.Actually I dont need sponsorship. I just need a job because I am on a 475 visa(Temporary Resident visa with full work rights). Hoping to get more info....thanks again, Philpom! Much appreciated!

Thanks for that.Actually I dont need sponsorship. I just need a job because I am on a 475 visa(Temporary Resident visa with full work rights). Hoping to get more info....thanks again, Philpom! Much appreciated!

Maybe try Swisspec as well. Not sure what their workload is at the moment but they are a pretty big Electrical engineering business in Bunbury