Part time work during school hours?

Guest alanarob

Guest alanarob

Hi, Just wondering if many Mums / Dads who are not the main earner have had much luck with part time work while kids are at school?

I've not worked since I had my first child but am planning on getting some part time work to help me settle and get to know people.

I'm experienced in admin etc but was thinking of general work like in a shop or along those lines.

Anyone else in the same boat and working part time? How are you finding it - do you have much time to get back for kids etc?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi there, we've been in Perth almost 8wks now & have got most boxes ticked (rental, car, DH job, schools/child care) but I'd like to start looking for work myself now. I'm in the same position as you, I haven't worked since having my 1st child, 5yrs ago, & need part time hours to fit in with school hours.

How did you go finding something?

Guest alanarob

Hiya clairemk, I'm heading over next Saturday so hopefully i'll find something. Not too confident since I didn't get much reply on the post but I suppose i'll know soon enough. Have you been looking for work? I'd say maybe something in a coffee shop or something? I'm more thinking about evening work now as my wee boy is only 3 so he won't be in playschool everyday. Where are you living? Do you like it in Perth? Can't wait to get there now!

Talk soon, Alana

Hi ladies

Ive only been here three weeks but havent had much luck with any job as yet. Ive been applying for part timework, mainly office, but just not getting anreply from anyone...its quite frustrating.

You may have better luck than me though :0)

I will second that. Ive not been here long but def not getting good vibes on the job front. Ive got over 25yrs admin experience but not getting any replies from any jobs applied for. As for the agencies.....well they have been more than useless. Talk about looking down on you

thats if you even get called into see them. Another problem is if you are like me here on OH's 457 visa then a lot of jobs you cant even apply for as they will say PR only do not apply if on a WHV or temp visa