WeegieDave

Where are all the Scots?

Since being in Perth I have come across a lot of English and just about every second person seems to be Irish but where are all the Scottish? I have only met 1 or 2 and very rarely hear a Scottish accent on the street!! :err:

umm could that be because you are in Australia and not Scotland.......

As you know, us Scots are very reserved people, so go about our lives quietly. That's why you haven't heard anyone.

;-)

Ross

Guest guest1337

Try Kinross, North of the River, plenty there!

Try Kinross, North of the River, plenty there!

Haha, there will be 4 more in September...

Ross

umm could that be because you are in Australia and not Scotland.......

Whats that saying that goes like... 'if you have nothing constructive to say'

I am NOR, and have come across lots. I work in Joondalup hospital, and every shift I have looked after scots nearly every shift! It is lovely to have a chat with them. Also lots of the supermarket ladies have been Scottish too! X

I am NOR, and have come across lots. I work in Joondalup hospital, and every shift I have looked after scots nearly every shift! It is lovely to have a chat with them. Also lots of the supermarket ladies have been Scottish too! X

Nice one, Perhaps it's just me. I really haven't met many at all which I was surprised at.

Nice one, Perhaps it's just me. I really haven't met many at all which I was surprised at.

Have you looked in the pub? (joke)

Ross

Guest alanarob

I'm moving over in August - heading to Clarkson to start with - where are you based? Where are you fae! am fae Govanhill :)

I'm moving over in August - heading to Clarkson to start with - where are you based? Where are you fae! am fae Govanhill :)

I lived in Shawlands before I moved out here

Guest alanarob

I used to work in the locksmiths in Shawlands lol!

Guest angiemalc

Im from ayrshire - I had only met 1 other scottish person till I started in Joondalup hospital! We are here :)

Guest carole

Im from Renfrewshire. Scots are either up north or down south. We are in Belmont renting near hubbys work just now then will decide where to buy.

How long has everyone been in Perth?

Carole

Im from Renfrewshire. Scots are either up north or down south. We are in Belmont renting near hubbys work just now then will decide where to buy.

How long has everyone been in Perth?

Carole

3 months for me. I work in Belmont also!

Guest angiemalc

We've been here 10 months, living in Duncraig NOR.

Guest Stu

We are everywhere (nobody realises but we actually control the world!)

Guest Tickety boo

Hiya ,I've been the same as yourself hardly met any scots .Think it really must depend where you live we're in Scarborough since December and met 1 other scot .Anyone having problems with people understanding the accent -I'm from Ayrshire but I really don t sound like somebody from chewin the fat !

Guest Ali&Paul

We are also from Ayrshire and hardly met any scot's. Most of the friends I've made are English. The scots must all be hiding somewhere ;-)

We are also from Ayrshire and hardly met any scot's. Most of the friends I've made are English. The scots must all be hiding somewhere ;-)

Hi, We are originally from Ayrshire as well, where did you come from in Ayrshire?

Guest Ali&Paul
Hi, We are originally from Ayrshire as well, where did you come from in Ayrshire?

Hi derham,

We are from Ardrossan, what about you? We are quite new, arrived in january but feel like we've been here for a lot longer!