Hi everyone

scotty dave

Guest amiilogan

Hi SD!

I'm pretty new here too, but it's a great forum/website, so be strong and hang in there!

As for the job, well you should be fine if you're skilled or have £487k, right?!!! Check this out bout Australia/expats in general, it might ease your concerns a little...

http://www.prycewarner.com/news-australia-targets-top-expats-207.html It's another website worth checking out (MOD, IS THIS OKAY?)

Speak soon

Amii x

Hi scotty,welcome to the forum,ive been on this forum for a good few months now and have found it sooo helpful,the people on this site r fab and very knowledgable ,we r moving to perth 2013 just now i feel im on a rollercoaster of mixed emotions but hey im getting there,the stage we r at now is count down 15 weeks from now our furniture will b getting shipped over,we will b moving in with my parents my oh goes 1st feb and me n the kids go on may so ive made a count down list to tie up all the personal stuff like,life insurance,house rental,will etc good luck to u and ur family on ur move to oz

Guest amiilogan
Hi scotty,welcome to the forum,ive been on this forum for a good few months now and have found it sooo helpful,the people on this site r fab and very knowledgable ,we r moving to perth 2013 just now i feel im on a rollercoaster of mixed emotions but hey im getting there,the stage we r at now is count down 15 weeks from now our furniture will b getting shipped over,we will b moving in with my parents my oh goes 1st feb and me n the kids go on may so ive made a count down list to tie up all the personal stuff like,life insurance,house rental,will etc good luck to u and ur family on ur move to oz

15 weeks; what a nervous countdown period! Best of luck with the move!

Firstly, thanks to all those lovely people who sent us good wishes, and good luck to all of you :smile2:. We only

have 6-8 weeks to get ready, and are not quite sure where to begin. We are being sponsored ( 99% sure,hopefully) and we have put our house up for sale, researched areas of Perth where we would like to live, and now the sorting out of a lifetime of collecting ****. So there`s some stuff for giving away, some for charity, some for ebay, and the rest we will get shipped over. We will be looking on this site for suggestions as to what to bring and what to ditch, eg car, tv and xbox, white goods, furniture, and also a decent shipping company, but can you book this if you dont know your forwarding address yet? Likewise opening a bank account? Do you have to be a permanent resident to buy a house in Oz?? Are wills made in the UK valid in Oz? Heeeeeelp!!:arghh:

Firstly, thanks to all those lovely people who sent us good wishes, and good luck to all of you :smile2:. We only

have 6-8 weeks to get ready, and are not quite sure where to begin. We are being sponsored ( 99% sure,hopefully) and we have put our house up for sale, researched areas of Perth where we would like to live, and now the sorting out of a lifetime of collecting ****. So there`s some stuff for giving away, some for charity, some for ebay, and the rest we will get shipped over. We will be looking on this site for suggestions as to what to bring and what to ditch, eg car, tv and xbox, white goods, furniture, and also a decent shipping company, but can you book this if you dont know your forwarding address yet? Likewise opening a bank account? Do you have to be a permanent resident to buy a house in Oz?? Are wills made in the UK valid in Oz? Heeeeeelp!!:arghh:

Hi scotty,just to say we had pickfords out last week and we have been quoted £2360 for share of 20 ft container and thats door to door michaels bro used them last year and they were spot on only other expense is they take just over $500 for customs to do their thing at frementale so we will b paying bout $250 for that and additional insurance for our belongings which i think will bout£300 ,i was asking the guy bout taking our car over as it seems that older cars hold their value ,he said that u have to weigh it up its not that expensive to actually ship the car out,its all the other stuff n duties they bang on at the otherside ,we have a rav4 4x4 over here but we r just going to sell it here i think if ur taking either a brand new car or kinda vintage cars then u really have to think about shipping over ,the pickfords guy kept us right on everything that we can bring over,also i was chatting with my financial adviser about wills for here and over there and he has advised me to have 1 for here and another for over there hope this helps u:smile:

:jiggy:once again, i want to thank everyone who has given me advice, this site has become a crucial part of my daily drive to do something positive daily to assist my quest to get to Australia , I can log in at 3am if I have an unanswered question that has just popped into my head, and I can usually find just the answer I need pretty quickly, and get back to sleep again... so thanks guys....you`re wonderful:wubclub: