Jump to content

moving with 417 and hoping to eventually achieve residency, can this be done?


Recommended Posts



I am 21 and moving to Perth in January with a 417 temporary visa. I am a graduate geologist and would hope that if I get a job within mining a company would sponsor me. Has anyone done this before and if so is the process of moving from a temporary visa to a more permanent one easy enough?


Also anyone with any hints or tips for jobs in the mining industry, they would be greatly appreciated.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

So many variables I'm afriad. Yes it can be done (I did it) but you have to still fit the mould for sponsorship - i.e. have enough experience in the job you are looking to be sponsored in (usually 3 years I think) so at 21 as a graduate I'm not sure you would. Have a look on the immi website and see if meet the requirements for any of the employer sponsorship visas and then you'll know if it's a reality or a fantasy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...