Partner Visa application timeframe

Guest mattwoodsg

Guest mattwoodsg

Hi All,

I am about to apply for my partner visa. I am British living in Singapore and my wife is an Australian Permenant Resident (although not an Australian Passport Holder). What this means is she will have to go back and live there in order to sponsor me.

This is not ideal as we would prefer to go together but I dont think there is any way around it.

I have been told the visa takes 5-8 months to be approved. If it takes 5 months that would be ideal - but if it takes 8 months or more it will be difficult as my current employment finishes in about 5 months time so I would have some waiting to do.

Can anyone give me a little more info on the ACTUAL time these partner visas normally? Is there a chance it would be faster than 5 months? or longer than 8?

I will be applying from Singapore and understand they are processed locally so I know it differs from place to place. but if anyone can let me know how long theirs took that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

It will likely be closer to the 8 months or longer. Offshore Partner visas lodged in London are taking about 9 months now. Might be faster in Singapore?

Once application is lodged they will give you a time frame once all documents are met. They usually tell you around when it will be granted - i.e Mid Jun, And it will take that long - this is due to planning levels of Partner visas, and you just need to wait until it is granted.

But you can travel to Australia on a visitors visa while it is being processed, just inform your CO, and you will need to go offshore for the visa to be granted.

• 4 years later...

Living in uk I have Aussie passport partner English just deceiding if we apply in the UK or go to oz and apply onshore anyone got wait times for in and off shore please.

Living in uk I have Aussie passport partner English just deceiding if we apply in the UK or go to oz and apply onshore anyone got wait times for in and off shore please.

Suzanne I am not sure on wait times for this visa, but do suggest you might wish to take advice from a registered migration agent. Camilla at New Life Downunder is a member of this forum, a registered migration agent, and living in Perth. I am sure that she would be able to advise you.