British fish and chips

Jony001

Ok guys shop has been sorted equipment is on it's way cod haddock, peas, curry sauce ,pies. haggis, black pudding white pudding ,fagotts ,fresh cut chips, drinks will be on sale mid to end of September in currambine!!second one opening soon after that SOR..

If you can promise me chippy chips like UK then I will be a dedicated and loyal customer.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys shop has been sorted equipment is on it's way cod haddock, peas, curry sauce ,pies. haggis, black pudding white pudding ,fagotts ,fresh cut chips, drinks will be on sale mid to end of September in currambine!!second one opening soon after that SOR..

Please please please say your second one will be in mandurah. We have a huge Pom population and I went to what is supposed to be Perth's best fish and chip shop which is in the town centre and they used oven chips. Ffs. Oh and the batter was soggy.

Best tip I will give - a bit of a food lover. Do not use oil. Fry in beef dripping and as it's not used much here, I am guessing you would get it for next to nothing. The best fish and chips I have had have always been cooked in it. There is a little place in Middlesbrough that still uses it and has a que going down the street every night. The posh guys - Rick stein swear by it.

Guest guest9824
Well fryers from Uk and oil and fish.. Using the same spuds as Uk that will be cut fresh daily so hopefully they will be the same!!

Will there be babies head ( steak puds) on the menu? Pleaseeeeeeeee

Nice work , where in Currambine ,what pies you having ? any chance of steak Pudding , see you in Sept

Guest guest9824
Yes there will be puddings on the menu.. Shop will be located next to the big Dan murphys..

...and Jony001 dont forget the Sarsons....:biggrin:

pea

Guest guest9824
Steak pudding in the north we call that a Babis head aNd if its left in foil it's a Babis head with helmet on! Personally I would love mushy peas its the only thing I have not seen ! Apart from cod of course !

sunset see my quote #105.... Babies head...:cute:

Mate, Bunbury needs you! can you also do donna and chicken sheesh kebabs, with a fresh side salad to ease the guilt of the fat fest.

Let me know where you end up, I have a very special set of skills where fish and chips are concerned, I will hunt you down, I will find you and when I do I will place and massive order!

Cheers

Guest guest9824
Mate, Bunbury needs you! can you also do donna and chicken sheesh kebabs, with a fresh side salad to ease the guilt of the fat fest.

Let me know where you end up, I have a very special set of skills where fish and chips are concerned, I will hunt you down, I will find you and when I do I will place and massive order!

Cheers

...intrigued....

Cheers

By the sounds of that lot is it not Benidorm that needs him?

• 4 weeks later...
Yes there will be puddings on the menu.. Shop will be located next to the big Dan murphys..

Any updates on this ? Might have to venture up from South of the River.

Jony01 if your looking for a USP , look no further than John Bull's a chippy delicacy from the Blackburn / East Lancs area . With mushy peas and proper gravy , food of the gods

Here's a youtube link for those unlucky not to have had the pleasure of tasting them.

Edited by rover1875

Guest guest9824

Jony01 if your looking for a USP , look no further than John Bull's a chippy delicacy from the Blackburn / East Lancs area . With mushy peas and proper gravy , food of the gods

Here's a youtube link for those unlucky not to have had the pleasure of tasting them.

Chips in a tray with mushy peas and gravy was called a mixture, where I came from! I watched the Facetube thing, looks like a scallop ( not the posh shellfish kind)...interesting scallop sandwich is the ' John bull' looks like bkackburns answer to the Scottish fried mars bar! :biggrin:...heart stopper!!

Chips in a tray with mushy peas and gravy was called a mixture, where I came from! I watched the Facetube thing, looks like a scallop ( not the posh shellfish kind)...interesting scallop sandwich is the ' John bull' looks like bkackburns answer to the Scottish fried mars bar! :biggrin:...heart stopper!!

Regarding Scallop, do you mean a slice of potato battered? We called them "Dabs" also good with mushy peas and gravy or for lunch on a barm cake

The John Bull is far more cultured than the Deep fried mars bar (although equally towards the fun end of the un-heathy scale) , do not see John Bulls in poncy resturants were people think it's quaint to eat regional dishes like deep fried mars bar and black puddings in very small portions at 1000 x the cost because Gordon Oliver Blumenblanc once cooked it on TV with the aid of space gas from mars :)

Hi all equipment is leaving uk in 2 weeks so container should arrive 6 weeks later so looking at opening late September.will update nearer the time.where a outs SOR are you based? Is there a big expat community around your area?obviously once we are up and running in currambine and there is a demand for it,we could look at opening elsewhere SOR..let me know your thoughts..thanks

Guest guest9824
Regarding Scallop, do you mean a slice of potato battered? We called them "Dabs" also good with mushy peas and gravy or for lunch on a barm cake

The John Bull is far more cultured than the Deep fried mars bar (although equally towards the fun end of the un-heathy scale) , do not see John Bulls in poncy resturants were people think it's quaint to eat regional dishes like deep fried mars bar and black puddings in very small portions at 1000 x the cost because Gordon Oliver Blumenblanc once cooked it on TV with the aid of space gas from mars :)

i do indeed mean a thin slice of potato. Glad you called it a barm cake too, that's the right lingo...none of this roll malarkey...it's a barmcake! Used to put potato pies on a barmcake where we came from.....prater pies as we call them....now that's a taste sensation and very good for the waste line...hmmmmm

Hi all equipment is leaving uk in 2 weeks so container should arrive 6 weeks later so looking at opening late September.will update nearer the time.where a outs SOR are you based? Is there a big expat community around your area?obviously once we are up and running in currambine and there is a demand for it,we could look at opening elsewhere SOR..let me know your thoughts..thanks

Hi Jony001

Im on the edge of Kardinya close to Murdoch Uni and Winthrop , a real mix of nationalities although Brits are supposed to be the biggest non Australian % must admit never run into many since I've been in this area.

Hard to predict the demand of a British Chippy here, think more of a general chippy would do ok (although the area is pretty well served by various food outlets) as its close to the Uni and the new massive hospital which will be coming on line soon, its an area that is being cited that will benefit from the knock on effects of the influx of hospital staff perhaps looking to rent in the area, already seeing a few plots being sub dived and new smaller houses being built.

Baldavis /Rockingham area seems to be popular with ex pats at the moment and is a growth area, you could also possibly look at Freo could be good for tourist trade but up against a load of food outlets and no doubt costly rental.

Where ever you go sure people will travel for a good end product, was a bit of a shock when I first arrived not having corner shops and chippy's within a 10 minute walk ,lol soon adjusted though