WelshKiwis

Jobs with CKJV on the Gorgon Project

Hi guys, Just after a bit of feedback from anyone who has applied for work with CKJV on the Gorgon.

So far my husband has submitted an online application with his CV. He recieved an email the next day advising that he had assed the first stage of the selection process and now had to complete an online 'safety' questionaire. He did this today - he said it was alot like psychometric testing he has had before.

Has anyone done this ? and what is the next stage ? how long did the process take etc ?

We dont need Aussie visas as we have NZ passports, so that wont be an issue.

Looking forward to getting some feedback from you guys :biggrin:

Hi . I applied as a Scaffolding Supervisor and also received the first and second emails . I have heard nothing since but a buddy of mine was asked to go for an interview on 16th December , which is when the first recruitment drive took place . He couldn't go as he had left to visit UK for the holidays . I am still in UK and heading to Perth , Via 3 weeks in Thailand , in January . I spoke to CKJV last week they told me that I had missed the first process as I was still based in UK , which is understandable . Ill get in touch with them when I arrive in the new year . They need lots of staff but there are also lots of guys trying to get on board . Once the positions are filled this will open up other opportunities in the positions emptied by the Gorgon . Apparently there are a few major projects kicking of in 2013 , so good luck to us all . I hope I can come to Perth with my wife and 2 young kids , work hard and get rewarded !! All the very best with this , Andy

Hi Andy,

thanks for the reply. My husband applied for the position of Construction Supervisor / Site Manager. Since I wrote the post, he got through the safety questionaire and had to complete a cognitive test - which he said was quite tricky. That was a day or so ago - so due to xmas we are not expecting to hear anything for a while.

We are based in Auckland, so getting a flight over to Perth for an interview is possible.

We also have 2 young children, and cant wait to get over there to get stuck in. We have some family who moved there from the UK earlier this year, so it will be nice to be living near family for a change. We have been in NZ for 6 yrs now.

I have my fingers crossed for the both of us. I'll keep you posted. Have a fab time in Thailand !

Emma.

Will do Emma ! Stay in touch , let us know when you get there , my partner Celina is already moaning that she doesn't know anyone and we haven't even boarded the flight yet !! When I spoke to another company last week they said they are expecting it to ramp right up in the recruitment stakes in new year , probably early Feb . Like you say , fingers crossed . Andy

Hi guys i got this months ago by email to submit my interest as i knew months before who had what contracts on the gorgon,i just decided to fill it in the other day,but my problem is im not leaving the uk till may 2013 and maybe not even ready to work until june etc as when i arrive we will have lots to do,yes a job is important when getting there but so is,getting our stuff together and getting settled in,they have not been in touch yet and may thats cause i said approx june for availabilty.

I do work with a guy offshore right now who is also moving to perth and has already submitted his details and has already had the tests you speak about,he also said what a nightmare it was and to be honest a joke,i dont know when i will get these maybe i should have said i was ready right away,but im not.

I hope im not missing the boat by the time i do get over there,and really is fifo really what i want,as my wife will be on her own and our 9 month at the time we get there i will not see much as working away,i also see that the rota is not great too.

Im a pipefitter and ideally offshore would be best for me,but i cant refuse work and it is someting i will need to do,i wonder what the pay is like up there,benifits and any bonus etc.

Worst about being up there i dont get much time to see or enjoy the nice weather and one of the reasons for going,currently i do 2 weeks on and off offshore here in the uk and have for many years now,might miss this side of work with the 2 weeks off each month.

Anyway if anyone is already up there,starting soon would be good to know more

Guest guest9057

You will not be late. Henderson recruitment drive should be done by then, but Barrow Island will need more people, and June would be fine. And then remember that Wheatstone if ramping up, not to mention Ichtys. You cannot lose.

CKJV is quite desperate, but it does not mean that they care about employees. So, you have to take care, but, coming from UK, you will have huge backup, and especially within Safety and construction supervision areas.

In their sales pitches for trades, CKJV talks about general numbers of $2500 per week before tax, and then they mention 40% uplift for the site. That is what is in the papers. Numbers have to go up in real life. Then there is this strategy of CKJV HR to brazenly just cut you down about 25%-30% on what you're asking. They may have changed that in the meantime. Local engineers and engineering paperpushers can make about $700 per day (Chevrons terms of reference, assuming 38-hour weeks) for someone with 4-5 years of experience, to about $1200 (but it goes higher) per day for 10+ years (but that is subject to connections, ethnic origin etc). Work day comes usually to about 10 hours. Bear in mind that they pay corporate expats (US, UK or elsewhere good money (competitive with Oil and Gas money in US), plus cars, plus very expensive accommodation of about $1000 weekly for non managers (for that money you can get really luxury lifestyle, even in expensive Perth) and about $2000 for managers.

Recruitment times for paperpushers and higher can be quite long (up to three months, probably cut down now when the things have to get moving).

If you hit agencies, watch out. They are not much to write home about, especially if you are fresh off-the-boat. Sometimes they give you an all-inclusive daily rate, and watch out for the phrase "all taxes included". Some even include Goods and Services Tax, that is how brazen some can be. Overall, agencies in Australia are bad news, take the money and run.

One thing which will strike you in Perth is inexperience and lack of skills disproportionate to the position. Last ten years of boom wreaked havoc. People were getting paid good money and were being promoted without adequate skills. Don't get frustrated over that, and bear in mind the property bust which is going to come as soon as first trains of these major LNG projects are done (sometime about 2016, given the delays).

By the way, how much do you know about costs of living, 'value-for-money' burbs, costs of private health insurance (and waiting periods), just in case all of your family members will not be covered.

Other thing, the FIFO cycles: Gorgon is mostly 26-9 (days), Wheatstone can have a variety, because they really experiment there, not just 3-1 (weeks).

Delays, so far, in media: Chevron conceded about a year on Gorgon, while Wheatstone is not that exposed in media yet (but their time for more attention will come in about a year). Others are quite quiet about progress.

Hi guys i got this months ago by email to submit my interest as i knew months before who had what contracts on the gorgon,i just decided to fill it in the other day,but my problem is im not leaving the uk till may 2013 and maybe not even ready to work until june etc as when i arrive we will have lots to do,yes a job is important when getting there but so is,getting our stuff together and getting settled in,they have not been in touch yet and may thats cause i said approx june for availabilty.

I do work with a guy offshore right now who is also moving to perth and has already submitted his details and has already had the tests you speak about,he also said what a nightmare it was and to be honest a joke,i dont know when i will get these maybe i should have said i was ready right away,but im not.

I hope im not missing the boat by the time i do get over there,and really is fifo really what i want,as my wife will be on her own and our 9 month at the time we get there i will not see much as working away,i also see that the rota is not great too.

Im a pipefitter and ideally offshore would be best for me,but i cant refuse work and it is someting i will need to do,i wonder what the pay is like up there,benifits and any bonus etc.

Worst about being up there i dont get much time to see or enjoy the nice weather and one of the reasons for going,currently i do 2 weeks on and off offshore here in the uk and have for many years now,might miss this side of work with the 2 weeks off each month.

Anyway if anyone is already up there,starting soon would be good to know more

Guest wallen

I'm gonna jump in here, would anyone know the best companies to apply for mechanical engineering jobs on Gorgon or similar? is the bepartofsomethingbig.com.au a centralised site accessible by all the companies working on Gorgon or do I need to go to each company individually?

so in short are you saying all good then?I maye never said but im a pipefitter,and i think i already said i worked on sites and offshore on the rigs for past 22 years,still currently working offshore,but be leaving soon as planning on moving in may 2013,so what is the henderson job you take about?you seem to have a lot of knowledge about it all what do you do yourself?I have known about barrow island for sometime now as been planning on going to perth for a while now,lets say if i dont get over there this year its too late for me as visa will expire.

I have been lucky over the years in the uk always been in work on the site and offshore,it does worry me a little getting myself known again over in oz,but im sure as time goes on it maybe get better.

I did work once in welshpool in a workshop 2004 with an agency,how crazy is this i asked about the job,said i was not ready as i had been traveling,almost 4 months later i then call about the job and still got it,they money was in par i would say with uk a the time if not a little more,but i was not worried as i was backpacing/traveling and it was a little extra to get me by.

It was also ideal as i was finished at weekends and able to enjoy,if i wanted back then i could have tried for them jobs where the money was but i was not bothered.

So are Wheatstone and Ichtys are these employing companies?

As i said you seem to know a lot of stuff maybe you can sent me a list of up and coming jobs employers etc etc so when im coming i can fire my skills in,lol or even get a so called start before im even there.

So are you saying a trades guys can make approx $2500 is that with tax already off or with tax still to come off,what would that work out at paying tax,im just wondering what i could maybe make there per week,vs what i get over here now,as the standard of living does cost more in oz.

I take all these companies pay the same rates or does one pay more than others to try and get the workers? So when you say this was all in the papers as in wages etc,is this happening or are guys clearly getting ripped off etc.

There might be a few guys put off also with the rota they have for the gorgon,i for one am put off,as my wife will be alone with my 9 month old not only im i not going to be there much to see them im not going to see the nice weather as much.But hey we dont have to take these jobs,dont have to work away,and all comes down to if money is good and other stuff.Im used to working away and my wife is used to it too,but i do wanna try and see my girl grow up,but then we do need to provide.

So what did you mean CKJV HR to brazenly cutting you down?is everyone not on the same amount as in the tradies or in my case pipefitter?i understand the likes of a insturment tech etc etc who get more here in the uk ,but how do you know your not getting riped of from the likes of ckjv,i would think when you get an interview you just hope to get the job,more so when you have just arrived etc.sure does sound nice having a higher profile job them daily wages sound great if only i had stuck in at school.lol

So if i can help it keep away from agencies,i have worked only a few times with them in the uk and sometimes i have been glad to just to have work,but most of the times i have worked direct with the employers which sometimes have its benefits.so what do you mean about property bust coming you mean when all this work is done and you say around 2016 there be very little work and folk losing there homes etc etc or looking to move away,im hoping perth is my place to say for a number of years to come,but who knows whats ahead of us.

I have spoked and worked with guys offshore who have been and lived in oz came back to uk and are happy and some going back to oz,many reason was work dried up,its booming there and that good right but it cant always be good over there on the work side,its like here some years it get scary people saying very little work,not many jobs going be around and next you see in the news big contracts,new jobs etc etc.

I dont really know much about the cost of living i do know somethings are expensive and some are in par with uk and i have been to oz many times over,longest being a year.I know a few burbs,but not enough knowledge about them,where is best to look,settle etc.i had been looking to go south of perth mandurah sort of distance and up north not sure how far say butler,i really just not sure,i want the burb,area to be nice,good transport,beaches not too far,cheap homes,good schools and less crime,i think you get the drift,also being near maybe not far away from workshops if i needed to work in them one day and also maybe not to far away from airport for going offshore if i ended up with that or fifo.

Saying that i was talking with someone on another forum about they was 5 mins from train at mandurah too this to airport,got a shuttle bus and same back home,wife only had to drop him of and pick up at train station something like this could be usefull for when i need to leave wife with car etc.again private health not sure about this also,i suppose its something to ask about when we are over.

But hey if you have anything to give me advise on,any info you can pass on or tell me more about im all ears,even pm me if you need to tell me stuff not wishing to share on forum,anyway thanks for the info

Just thought I would mention this for anyone else in the same position - my husband spoke to Chandler Mcleod last week - who are recruiting for CKJV. He completed the online tests before xmas and we havent heard anything. He is applying for a site manager / superintendent position. They advised him they are dealing with the Trade jobs at the moment and supervisory jobs are being dealt with in a few weeks.

bwatt99 - we have also heard they the Wheatstone is going to be ramping up later this year, also CKJV seem to constantly be recruiting, which is good news. Do you have a visa yet or in the pipeline ??

I'm gonna jump in here, would anyone know the best companies to apply for mechanical engineering jobs on Gorgon or similar? is the bepartofsomethingbig.com.au a centralised site accessible by all the companies working on Gorgon or do I need to go to each company individually?

I think the website you have mentioned is only recruiting for CKJV - there are other companies recruiting for the Gorgon. John Holland is one of them, I also think Leighton are looking for people.

I have had my visa for over 4 yrs now have until august to get over there if i dont its over for me and will need to apply for another,i have flights booked for end of may.

where is the best places to apply for all these jobs,im maybe looking in the wrong place,just to i can let them all know im on my way soon.lol

Guest guest9057

Sorry for delay. Replies by others have already clarified some of the questions.

I am just chucking out everything I can think off right now. Some may apply to you, and some may not, but you know your story, and you will decide the best.

Many factors are there, be it the mismatch of taxation year, or the difficulty of dropping down straight from UK winter into 40+ OZ summer (that is where May looks like fine transition time, weatherwise), in case you

want to get on this CKJV job train for Henderson.

It will all depend on your choices. Allow for wrong decisions, and don't get stressed out over that. Not the last train. More below.

That money comment about "cutting you down"...You are right, with union, it may be more uniform.

Union or not, for example, management keeps inviting people to bring their relatives in. That creates a nice can of worms, to start with. You have to make sure to clarify scope of duties, where they employ you on one basis, and then slide you into leading hand and supervision responsibilities without acknowledging that. And yes, HR will take advantage of the upper hand. There are many ways they can do that, not just plain hourly rate. More about that (much) further below.

BePartOfSomethingBig web site is ChandlerMcLeod who are recruiting people for CB&I Kentz (CKJV) Joint Venture on Gorgon Project. CKJV is the company doing Mechanical Electrical and Instrumentation (ME&I) work on Gorgon downstream (Barrow Island). That work is only just cranking up on Barrow (300 people or so). Henderson is part of Perth metro industrial strip going from Fremantle to Rockingham (unlike your previous stay in Perth, it is easier to travel from Mandurah to Perth, thanks to trains, but it is still not that rosy if you need to work in coastal industrial strip, where you still need other transport to get to work. Mandurah is handy for people who work in alumina/gold strip area from Pinjarra down to Collie. Just see the maps on google, and you will know what is doable and what is not.

When choosing location, leave for yourself as many options open as possible. See where are the possible work locations, compare to main thoroughfares, train and bus lines, and choose a central position. For travel times, just do google maps (and check if the traffic colorcoding is favourable during rush hour), or go to transperth.wa.gov.au if you want to figure out commute options (durations shown are reliable). At worst, bicycle routes are shown on other maps on that web site.

Burbs. just too many options. Keep away from "projects", though even the most expensive neighbourhoods do not guarantee absence of trash.

CKJV Henderson (AGC, CIVMEC and Leighton are there as well,with large crews of their own) operation will need about 200 pipefitters/welders/boilermakers (out of about 800 people overall), for about a year (and then it is going to taper out for another six months). After that, naturally, anybody who is still in, will be able to find work on Barrow Island, where CKJV ME&I will need 4000 people at peak. Currently, they have just started connecting some piping modules, and it will pick up to at least 1000 direct tradies in 2013 on the island.

CKJV was so desperate for tradespeople (especially in Henderson) that they even went to TV and papers to beg for people to come.

History is that project delay was not acknowledged by Chevron and KJVG (joint venture running the project for Chevron) for a year or so. Tradies etc were contacted and then kept hanging. So, instead, many people took up work in shutdowns which were taking place during 2012 when iron ore slowed down.

Some people were recruited for the island FIFO, then held for some time in Perth, which was making them lose money because they counted on zero expenses for accommodation (being hired as FIFO in the first place.

That should not be the case now, because there is continuity of work now.

Wheatstone and Ichtys are other LNG projects (more info about LNG project is on website LNGWorld) of about the same size as Gorgon when it comes to downstream. Just google for these names, and you will find everything, including latest Chevron reports about the status of their projects (including direct labour workforce counts, and when). That will also show you who has been awarded subcontracts on the job.

Gorgon will be finishing civils in 2013. Wheatstone (site in Onslow) is only starting civils and work on the accommodation village. That should be done in 2014, then ready for your kind of work, piping, steel etc.

Ichtys is not Chevron job. Unlike Gorgon and Wheatstone, it is in Northern Territory, Darwin based.

They will be the next to take over the jobs relay. Sequence for completion of first LNG trains should be Gorgon, Wheatstone, then Ichtys. First two are already falling behind schedule. All of that planned for 2014 to 2016, with more LNG trains to come (with much lesser scope of work), up to four or five for each project, subject to markets.

Other companies which work in your discipline on Gorgon are CIVMEC, AGC, and as others said, Leighton, John Holland etc.

Summary: starting with bepartofsomethingbig web site (though mostly Henderson, it will give you the foot in the door for the rest of Gorgon) for CKJV (June may be too late for that, though you can still count on workforce turnover, which was about 40% on their previous LNG project, Pluto). Talk to someone, and you will know, unlike all this guessing. You can cannot mess up, because, they will need people for other stages of the project. So, whether you are available in February or in June, talking to the employer cannot hurt you

Consider companies like CIVMEC, AGC, Leighton/John Holland

as well as Lycopodium, Monadelphous involved in iron ore business, which started picking up again.

Clough is there, too. Not just as part of Gorgon's joint venture with KBR (KJVG), but elsewhere.

It is all on the web. Just google for these names. See the projects under way and in the pipeline.

You naturally do go to seek.com.au for job search. Despite many repeated adverts by headhunters for the same jobs, it gives you some idea about jobwise things overall.

Living: try to get FIFO or paid accommodation (by the company) while in Perth Metro. Even if not paid throughout the project, you may get acco paid at least during "settling-in" month or so while in Perth. For transport, people are driven to and from work by company vans from certain collection points.

You can get all the info about rentals and accommodation elsewhere on perthpoms web site (I just had another posting about that, which applies more to somebody who would dance between city and Kwinana Strip work). General info on realestate.com.au will give you an idea how much the rentals cost if you do not have connections.

That will set you back at least $400 per week for rental, and it would complicate your moves. Some FIFO people based in Perth share a house, which can be a good deal if your FIFOs don't overlap much.

Some FIFOs just go for vacations every time they get their one or two weeks off. Don't know how long you can last like that.

Or, if you want to have a resemblance of normal life, then you will pay for it, be it own car (or rental at about $45 a day unlimited mileage, insurance included), or a house. Flats are not recommended if you want to get your sleep (which you will need, believe me). But that is up to the individual.

As for the costs of everyday living, just go on a website like supermarket chain coles.com.au, and fill up your weekly shopping bag, and see how much it costs.

You may not neede, but ss for light furniture, beds etc, go to websites like Bedshed, Amart, and for appliances to thegoodguys.com.au. That is the cheapest you would be getting those things if you want them new. Private health insurance (if needed at all) would be about $150 (because of age penalty, and it can be up to $350) per month for the age group, but some times it is useless because of long waiting periods for important service (6 months, year and even more).

When it comes to pay, you are then familiar with 10% super on top of your pay, then also that site uplifts are usually split into project stage completion, project completion, site conditions, each of which is about 10-15%. Some crooks try to sell increased work hours on the job site as "uplift". No, these are just increased workhours, uplift is higher hourly rate. Watch out also for how many days of your time off (in FIFO cycle) are actually paid. So called travel time. Some crooks (huge companies, but cheap as hell) actually make you burn portion of your annual leave during your FIFO time-off. I would actually end up having no vacation time left by the end of the last cycle. And I am talking about a family company with 100 years' tradition, and 50000 employees. They became aware of it only when I asked them. Was that an oops. That is what I meant with brazen lack of skills. Some will make you use your own phone for company purposes at $100 to $150 per month. So, check everything you are offered and do not take common sense for granted. They will put the foot where the mouth is.

You've been around long enough.

Also, usual stuff, unions and worksafe western australia. Know your rights, but, as per usual, know when to keep quiet and when to speak. Not just the small operators, but even the biggest and richest companies will openly lie to you, and Mickey Finn you. Once you are on their ship, you cannot jump off and swim to dry land. They rely on the fact that you cannot change jobs willy-nilly without hurting your prospects.

Whoever can rip you off, will rip you off. Palm trees and scorching sun do not make that any different. Make your money and that is it. No illusions.

Job sites are usual mix of "gangs" and clanmanship. When you research about a company, see their board of directors and executives, and you will have a better idea where the wind blows from.

Since all google searches also show links to that, sometimes it is not bad to read their stock exchange (ASX) last annual report (that is how you can skip some cowboys).

By the way, if you see interviewers names, or bosses names (such as construction managers, engineers etc), do the obvious. Go on linkedin.com, just enter the first and last name, and you will quite likely get general information about where the person worked before. Could be useful when you deal with someone. As I said, many people who developed their careers during this OZ boom time are bluffing through their noses when they talk about their experience and skills. E.g. when I saw my company's lead HR person putting her beach photo (yes, in bathers to the waist) in LinkedIn profile, some things dawned on me.

You've had it hard way, which they never had. Do not think that would be appreciated.

As for the doomsayer part about properties' values, it is not some brainy analysis. That is just coming from all these LNG projects, not just in WA and NT. They are all supposed to come on-line about the same time, with or without delays. Once the first LNG trains are in, scope of work will be much smaller. Just in WA and NT, about 2015-2016, 20000 people will not be needed for that direct labour. Operations will take only about 1000 people for each plant, and even maintenance projects do not need anywhere near as many people. These 20k directly involved people are just the peak of the pyramid. Be it the people who invested in rental properties, safety/HR agencies, or the guy selling Pepsi for $4, pyramid itself involves many more. And we are talking about a state of 2 million.

That seems like a nice sized bubble. Probably another writing on the wall many will ignore.

But, till then, many will earn tonnes of money over next three years. Be one of them.

Bye, and I guess you've had enough of me.

My husband is a carpenter but has been working offshore for 2 years now, accomodation refurbs etc he has completed additional courses and is capable of working as deck crew, basic rigging and roustabout positions. We are regional visa and hoping to stay near mandurah, would greatly appreciate any advice or tips for finding work? We are hoping to be in oz by June but would move earlier if the right job came up.

Guest NPKAE

Has anyone thats been through the online safety quests, been asked to complete a Digital interview by CKJV, for an electrical position?

Guest JEZZA

Only the cognitive tests. Whats does the digital interview involve? I too applied for electrical position, submitted ROI early Nov, didnt hear, spoke to CKJV who said have phone on,check emails..

Guest NPKAE
    Only the cognitive tests. Whats does the digital interview involve? I too applied for electrical position, submitted ROI early Nov, didnt hear, spoke to CKJV who said have phone on,check emails..

Im going to do it over the weekend, instruction are to dress as u would for a face to face interview, have a good webcam.

seems to be a new set up and probably with vast amounts of people applying and needing interviewed this is easier.

It has to be done by 1st Feb..

I applied for this jobs months ago,never had any tests yet or any feedback from them about my application,i did say im maybe not available till june,i move over in may and june might be when im available due to just arriving,looking for long term rental car and hopefull our container,until this was sort done i would not be ready,im still in the uk and i know a guy who has applied from the uk also and has already done the tests maybe he did not say when he was coming on his application it asked and i had said june,he is is not going over till april,should i just leave it or should i contact them about it

Guest guest9057

1)

Spend some money on recording software. Commercial one, though there are free version available, but you want to be sure that it works. And try it first.

You will need it when the story starts to change later on.

Ask non-intrusive but clear questions about conditions (accommodation, R&R, travel time, travel costs). Shy, but clear. Answere evasion is a sufficient answer, and do not push it.

2)

Make the interviewers feel superior and clever, better than you.

Restrain common sense in you.

You will be dealing with "A-team" (the kind of A-team which falls one year behind after two years of project, and go 40% over budget along the way).

Restrain any wise-cracking like that, even when it is screaming at you.

3)

Remember that prime purpose of corporate face-to-face interview is to provide the company and the interviewers with legal cover.

They just need to cover their backs.

Yes is a very important word.

Show eagerness, but slavish eagerness. Like a tail-wagging dog.

And good luck. Because that is the only thing you need.

Im going to do it over the weekend, instruction are to dress as u would for a face to face interview, have a good webcam.

seems to be a new set up and probably with vast amounts of people applying and needing interviewed this is easier.

It has to be done by 1st Feb..

Guest Barrowgirl

Straight...just curious as to where you get your information on CKJV and their recruitment process from? Are you an employee?

ckjv have work on the Barrow Island fly in and out and also henderson,does anyone know what places are located near hederson,is this south of perth,also is this a workshop/yard,and would the money be more or less with fly in and out,does anyone know if the cycles will change 26-9,nine days does not seem to be a lof of time at home.anyone on here up there already or at henderson willing to share some info,pm me if you want.

Guest Barrowdise

suburban population in the hinterland. Most people commute to Henderson from other suburbs around Perth. Unfortunately the public transport network to the area is limited with only a single bus service running through the area between Rockingham/Kwinana to Fremantle so most people drive there car to this area. Money would be significantly more if you work on Barrow Island(known as uplift), and usually about 40% above your normal local earnings. Unfortunately 26/9 roster is probably here to stay on Gorgon, and Wheatstone LNG projects. CKJV is a joint venture consortium between CBI(Chicago Bridge & Iron), and Kentz constructors. They have been awarded the A$2.3 Billion dollar ME&I(Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation) package on gorgon. Basically this means they are building the LNG plant proper.Check http://www.projectconnect.com.au for more details on who does what up there. I am employed by another contractor in Perth to basically receipt freight from vendor, clean freight - make quarantine compliant for Barrow Island. All goods must be free of all quarantine risk material(QRM) no bugs, soil, leaves, seed, rodents, food, (basically anything organic cant go), and load containers destined for Barrow Island. For this the company I work for give me a six figure wage. Not bad for a forklift driver in Perth. Im not greedy you can have your 26/9, and 40%, but at least I get to come home everynight!

Hey any forklift jobs going,26/9 roster does not sound so good just moving to perth and wife and baby on there own,but might just have to,i work offshore on the rigs in the uk have been for past 22 yrs off and on and thats 14 days on and off that would be more ideal.

Guest Barrowdise

CKJV are after Storeman & Forklift drivers at both Henderson, and Barrow Island. They are asking for three to five years construction experience, and if you have other tickets such as riggers/dogman, elevated work platform(EWP), working at heights, and telehandler experience you would have a better chance obtaining a position. Leightons & Leightons-Saipem which are doing the Civils and Underground services, and the LNG jetty and associated marine structures have mainly outsourced there logistical requirements to other companies. They basically use a company called AWH in Bibra Lake(near Henderson) to load all there containers and flat racks destined to go to Barrow Island. Leightons charge AWH approximately $80.00 per hour per man they use, and AWH are lucky to pass on about 1/3 of this to there predominately casual workforce. Toll Energy which operates the supply base on Barrow Island occasionally are looking for forklift drivers when they lose some of there own. Would help if you had 16ton & container forklift experience as they basically organize the transport and distribution of all of the construction companies containers once they arrive on the island(best place to look for those jobs is on http://www.seek.com.au/. Theiss use to use Toll Energy for there logistical requirements in Perth, but have since moved to Bibra Lake, and use there own staff (I do not know what there current remuneration package they offer)?, but some of there work is starting to slow down as they were building the construction village on the island which I believe is almost complete. John Holland are building the permament buildings on the island(admin building, warehouse, laboratories, fire station...etc). They have a small supply base in located in O'Çonnor not too far from Henderson where they've consolidated there Gorgon and Wheatstone logistical requirements. They use to be located at AWH, but moved once Leightons took over the entire AWH facility. They are remunerated well, but there is only a small workforce in Perth with the majority working on site. This job was on seek a few days ago http://yahoo.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=7&SearchFrom=quickupper&SearchType=search+again&Keywords=wheatstone&industry=6092&state=3107