WelshKiwis

Jobs with CKJV on the Gorgon Project

Guest parmie_n_chips

Hi all,

I have applied for an electrician position on the ckjv website for up north, i have made it to the safety questionnaire, just wondering what are the chances of getting the job and how long is the process from here?

Hi Parmie, my husband applied ages ago (when I started this thread). He applied for the site manager position there. He had a safety questionairre, then they asked him to do a cognitive test. We have not heard anything since. He has called them to find out what is going on, and they have advised him they are still dealing with hiring the trades and have not got around to the management roles yet. I would say, Hang in there and keep a few more irons in the fire, just in case it takes several months.

Since starting all of the CKJV process, my husband has got a job with the company who have won the contract for the build / redevelopment of Perth International and Domestic Airport. We fly over from NZ in 4 weeks time for him to start. Exciting (but a tad stressful) times ahead

Good Luck with everything !

Guest guest9057

Keep up the good work.

But, this would really be just barking up the wrong tree.

Save your time.

There is nothing big or mysterious going on here.

How many thousands of people are dealing with Gorgon companies in Western Australia, be it bar tenders, cab drivers, real estate agents, headhunters, just to start with at the very bottom of the pyramid?

No mystery and no need for corporate paranoia. Good luck in Monte Bello lands.

Straight...just curious as to where you get your information on CKJV and their recruitment process from? Are you an employee?

Hello,

I work in the water industry in the UK, as a Process Engineer running water treatment works. We are moving to Perth this year on a permanant visa. Ideally I would like a F.I.F.O. job for a large project like Gorgon, and wouldn't be worried about a 26/9 roster. Please could anyone advise my chances of gaing employment? I have a friend who works for Monos on Barrow Island, but he hasn't been able to open any doors for me.

Thanks very much.

Ian

Guest leeroy

i work for ckjv at the henderson site. they have had thousands of people apply for the jobs here and lots of the people that already work here want to go up to barrow and these will be the people which get first choice to go. and as to the person who wants a managers/superintendants job there you will have no chance of that. most of the most of the people here have come from other projects such as pluto.

i work for ckjv at the henderson site. they have had thousands of people apply for the jobs here and lots of the people that already work here want to go up to barrow and these will be the people which get first choice to go. and as to the person who wants a managers/superintendants job there you will have no chance of that. most of the most of the people here have come from other projects such as pluto.

Thanks for this Leeroy. My husband had applied for the site manager position. He has had a few more interviews and tests but not heard anything for ages now. To be honest we werent holding our breath on it. He has now got a job as a manager on the construction of Perth Airport and starts on 25th March. We are currently sitting here surrounded by boxes etc as the shipping people are coming monday to pack our stuff and we fly over from NZ on 21st.

It does make me wonder though - if CKJV have had such a massive response; which no doubt they have; why do they continue to advertise for the management roles. Especially if you say that nobody has a chance of getting the positions.

Anyway - it has all worked out for us, so no complaints here :biggrin:

Guest Ste Walmsley

Hi guys just to let you all know I went through the whole application process for traded assistant mechanical Henderson positions. Done all the tests and had interview also only to be told by the hr Ckjv girl that they not accepting my spouse visa on this project. This to me is unheard of I have my own individual visa now subclass bs801 and they not accepting it. Very big kick in the teeth couldn't believe she was kcnocking me back due to that. It is ridiculous I am eligible to apply for citizenship been in Australia 5 years now and that visa has never cost me getting a job before. Not sure if she was just being an idiot as had a mate in there asking what's happening for me an might of for fed up but now I'm trying to do some research and find out if this is true that partner visas are not allowed on this project

Guest Dani Paul

Hi folks,

My HUsband has been acce[ted int he first part of application process for multi doded pipeline welder and has been asked to fill in the health and safety questionnaire. He has put on his appilcation form that he will need sponsorship. Has anyone been through this process yet and if so what are the pitfalls/perks? I'm a teacher and will be going with him.

Guest Gayan

Leighton Advertised about Contract Administrators Vacancy for CKJV in SEEK is the position actually available or fill up from Previous projects ..........

Guest wannabeperth

hello everyone, just new to the group. I am just wondering about Scaffolding Supervisor/Contract Manager positions for my husband in Perth or around Perth preferably. He has an Scaffolding Supervisor ticket and also worked as a Contract Manager too. We would be looking for a sponsorship does, is there anyone around that could help us with this please..

Guest BURT

Hi I have just been reading through the above conversation and would like some help if anyone could offer as IM trying to get either pipe fitting or even a TA

I have experience in pipe fitting and steel work from uk but for the last 6 years I have been doing central heating, I have rang round a good few companies asking about pipe fitting or TA and as I have no australian experience or tickets they dont seem to be interested in giving me a chance,

We moved here last nov with our little girl.

If anyone is working on pipe fitting and knows of any work or if the company they work for need any more ppl that would be great.

I have pipefitting experience and welding experience, did have g6 ticket but that ran out a few years ago

hope someone can help

cheers

Hi I have just been reading through the above conversation and would like some help if anyone could offer as IM trying to get either pipe fitting or even a TA

I have experience in pipe fitting and steel work from uk but for the last 6 years I have been doing central heating, I have rang round a good few companies asking about pipe fitting or TA and as I have no australian experience or tickets they dont seem to be interested in giving me a chance,

We moved here last nov with our little girl.

If anyone is working on pipe fitting and knows of any work or if the company they work for need any more ppl that would be great.

I have pipefitting experience and welding experience, did have g6 ticket but that ran out a few years ago

hope someone can help

cheers

Im a pipefitter also been in the game over 20 yrs and been in mostly sites and offshore came to oz backpacking 2004 and found it easy but that was a while ago now,i only been here 3 weeks now and not started looking you have me worried, thought there was tons of work around i maybe wrong,so where do you stay then have you done any pipefitting since being here?

Guest BURT

Hi bwatt99

We have been here since nov last year, I was more or less promised a job when got here doing suppression systems for fire industry, got led on for 3 month then they let me down.

kick in the nuts!!

by the sound of it you have more experience than me as I went doing central heating for the last 6 years before coming out here but did site work and pipe fitting & welding for 14 years previous to that.

I have been ringing round lots of companies in the last few week, some have said you have no Australian experience after explaining we have only just come over!

some ppl are really helpfull and explain what you need before applying to give you better chance

tickets

high risk

confined spaces

working at hights

think them are the main 3 needed so I have been looking into doing them but looking at about $1000 for them all

because I have no Australian experience I have been trying to get in as a trade assistant with pipe fitting experience.

you will bump into lots of ppl who are willing to help you to by giving you names and numbers off ppl they know who work either up north or in a factory.

think you should be ok if you have just come over and you where pipe fitting before you came.

lots of contracts are ending at the moment as well but it will build back up again as someone explained to me.

you just gotta keep ringing round and get your name and resume in with companies.

we are up roleystone but for the time being im working in a builders and timber yard as it is money coming in so not done any pipefittng as yet here.

think everyone finds it hard at first then your your sorted you will be fine.

let me know if you come across any work IE pipe fitters needed or even TA's

I will do the same.