Would love to meet some new people in the new year....

Guest damien&michelle

Guest damien&michelle

Saturday 19th January lottery west playground 11am-3pm Come along to meet some new friends :-)

I am Michelle, 29, and hubby is Damien, 31. We have been here since June and still havent met many people! We live NOR, have a couple of friends SOR but we seem to be super busy all the time so its only over Christmas we've kind of noticed that we really dont know many people! Me and hubby both work full time, so evening or weekend meets would be fab!

Would love to meet couples with or without kids. We have 3 children, aged 3, 8 and 10 ... all boys! Would be nice to see if something could happen in early January as ive decided my new years resolution will be to make more of an effort to meet people and this would be a good start!

Not sure what sort of response this post will get as I havent tried to organise any meets before - wouldnt it be nice if we could get a few together?

Anyone interested?

The lottery west playgrounds are suitable for children of all ages, and theres a nice shady grass area where you can chill out with a beer, Free bbq's to use........

Would love to hear from you guys x Its fairly central so easy to get to from North or South. Was thinking maybe....

Second Saturday in January - Sausage Sizzle, Lottery West Playgrounds - Kings park

If anyone needs directions private message me. We will make sure we tie some blue balloons near where we sit so you know where to meet us!

Edited by damien&michelle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest damien&michelle

Hi Amanda, it's looking most likely to be best for us second weekend Saturday 12th, hopefully we will have a few more people interested by then! Will keep you updated on this thread :)

lorna hi! We live in Darch, wanneroo. Where abouts are you, and how old are your boys? Do you think you will be able to make the meet?

Guest damien&michelle

Hi Lorna, that's a shame if you can't make the meet :( I'm pretty tied up until new year but will message you again via this link, unless you'd rather private message me x

Hi Michelle what a great idea. We have been here 4 weeks now and finding it hard to make friends with the school holidays. We would love to come by either saturday would suit. We have 3 boys age 8,5 and 11 months. We live in currambine and would love to get to know some friends. Look forward to hearing from you. laura

hi lorna, id love to meet up in the new year if possible. I tried replying to you but im new to this thing and not sure if you got it. where and when do you fancy. Not too far from currambine if possible. Im stilll building up my confidence on these roads. About Hillarys is the furtherst ive made it so far.lol speak soon

Guest damien&michelle

Hi laura. You get use to the roads!! Promise!!! It would be great if you could make the meet looking forward to meeting new people! Will keep updated through this thread xx

Guest LaurandPaul

Hi Michelle,

I'm Laura aged 31 & Paul aged 32. We have 3 boys aged 8, 3 and 7 months. Were from liverpool. We are arriving in Perth end of Jan and would love to meet some new friends!!

Keep me posted on how the meetings go!!

Guest damien&michelle

Hi Laura Lorna and lyn, and Laura and Paul! We need to decide on a weekend so we can have a date agreed, if we leave it till the third weekend it will give people more of a chance to see post and hopefully come along so if we say Saturday 19Th jan. who can make it and of you can't is that through lack of transport? Trains are pretty easy and you can more or less make your way to kings park with no walking! (we tried!) will edit post so date is shown clearly. Laura and Paul, if you want to stay in touch we'd love to meet you when you arrive. Private message me when you get here and I'll send you my number, and good luck x

Edited by damien&michelle

Hi I would have loved to have came but I have something on....typical!

Lorna my husband is also FIFO he's away till the 4th Jan so I'm free to meet up anytime. Been here since May and finding it really hard to meet up with people. I have a 14 year old who is far too cool to hang about with his mum!!!!

Guest PaulyP

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are flying out tomorrow morning and would like to come to one of your get togethers at some point.

We are both 31 from South Wales with no kids. Be extremely greatful if anyone could post when/where the next get together is being held.

Thanks,

Paul & Natasha

Guest Lee Hughes

Hi Lorna, encouraging to see so many responses. My partner and I arrive on the 13th along with our 15 month old boy, I will be working full time in CBD but she is not working. It would be great to come to a get together as I am keen for her to settle and meet new friends etc. We will be staying in butler for the first 6 weeks. Keep me posted on any other gatherings :)