Need Help!!! We Would like to move to OZ!!!

Guest Masiey123

Need Help Please!!  

1. 1. Need Help Please!!

• Need help
    • Need Help

Guest Masiey123

Please could anyone help us. Both myself and my husband would like to live in Australia. We have an auntie in Melbourne and an uncle in NSW. How do we go about which visa to apply for I have a BA Hon's degree in early childhood studies and my husband as no formal qualifications however he has 20 years work experience in property maintainance, plumbing, electrical, plastering,joinery,brick laying and other building works. We also need help who to contact eg:agents they all seem to ask for money and I do not know who I can trust. We also could do with some help on taking our 9 year old border collie dog where do we start?

Please could someone out there help us!!!! We really need it.

Thank You for reading my post.

Please could anyone help us. Both myself and my husband would like to live in Australia. We have an auntie in Melbourne and an uncle in NSW. How do we go about which visa to apply for I have a BA Hon's degree in early childhood studies and my husband as no formal qualifications however he has 20 years work experience in property maintainance, plumbing, electrical, plastering,joinery,brick laying and other building works. We also need help who to contact eg:agents they all seem to ask for money and I do not know who I can trust. We also could do with some help on taking our 9 year old border collie dog where do we start?

Please could someone out there help us!!!! We really need it.

Thank You for reading my post.

what type of work do you do? I got through on my degree and work which is a lecturer in early years

as for agents, be careful. the one we had was awful. there are some good ones and they always ask for money in instalments.

in my experience I would do it myself, only because the company I had was awful and I did all the chasing...it would of saved me a stack.

as for the dog, we are just starting the process, Its long winded and costly, it depends on the size of the dog tootoo. I did read on here that quarintine was being put to 10 days from this summer. that would be great.

Edited by poppops

Guest Masiey123

Thank you for your reply. Have you not gone has yet? I work as a support assistant at the moment. What do you think I should start off doing I want to get started this week.

As for our pet will I be right in thinking it will cost around a thousand English.

Thanks again.

Guest Masiey123

Thank you for the pet information. Wow that's a lot of money but they are family after all!!!

Thanks again for the information anything else would be so useful.

Guest Masiey123

Thank you for your reply. Have you not gone has yet? I work as a support assistant at the moment. What do you think I should start off doing I want to get started this week.

Thanks again.

Guest Masiey123

Wow!!

Fantastic so happy for you. Thank you for your reply.

you have been such a big help to us we are going to book our tickets to go to the next expo in march it is well worth the £14 a ticket. Jo please keep in touch with me I would love to keep listening to your story.

Did you go on a particular job site to find jobs?

thanks again.

Hi there Jo

(Sorry to hi jack your post Masiey) but noticed you mentioned your two cats had gone. We are planning to take my pair over with us too and I am an emotional wreck about getting it right. We have had them micro chipped, Rabies vac'd and bloods done and cleared. They shoud be good to go by Feb. I am not sure on what else I can do myself to keep costs down. I have spoken to a number of pet agencies, they all sound good then you hear one or two horror stories.

We went to Perth in December and checked out the Quarrintine Station whilst over there so happy from that side. Its just getting them there (one of them is a nervous eater who throws up and is on a special diet). My concern is we find a good agent/kennel during the move. Who did you use and are you happy. What was their fee? How are your cats now? Would be very interested to hear your story.

Kind regards

Dawn

Guest Masiey123

No!! your very welcome to join in our post!!!

The more information we get the better it is for everyone. Jo has been a great help and she will get back to you with good information.

Hope all is going well for you.

Hi Jo, thanks for the info! I will def give them a shout. £500 to fill in the DEFRA docs? Yikes!! Have you been charged yet for the quarrintine fees? they say it works out at £1830 for 2cats. We are in Cheshire (in fact my son has just finished a yr of uni in Sheffield) so we are also a long way from heathrow. My friends and family think I am bonkers taking my cats but they are my babies I cant explain to people that they are family like everyone else they just dont understand.

Wow your cats sound stunning. Im sure they will settle quickly. Being Siberian do they have heavy coats? If so the will probably moult in that heat. My female is the piggy in the little here she weighs a far bit too and eats anything. My male is very fussy and I have to feed him small and often, fine food 1/2 pouch at a time or if he really gets hungry he gobbles it up and comes straight back up. He is ok on Perle al a carte but i looked around the shops there and they dont seem to sell it. (another stress). They also both have Iams biscuits which he wont eat as quick so maybe I will ask them to feed that. (I think they all get Whiskers there).

The quarrintine station seems nice enough. Very clean, quite noisy when you first arrive as the dogs are in front and they hear the cars etc and go mad -poor things. We were not able to enter the cattery but they are a good size and cats have perches which they love im told. When you drive out to see them you may feel you are going wrong or driving into wilderness. It is quite a remote location, theres a Kohala Park just before you get to it. (was 'ok' there but not much activity as they sleep alot lol) Its more of a petting zoo for other animals.

Where are you planning to live? We are staying in CBD for a short while then looking at houses prob SOR as more value for your$ apparently, but we will see. We havnt settled on flight date yet but looking at prob first week in March. Good luck and stay in touch.

Cheers for now

The quarrintine

Hi Dawnyy

We used Transfur, we met them at an expo and felt comfortable with them and didn't bother getting any other quotes or anything. Their charge was £1500 which included flights and them organising the import permits and also the container which was delivered to us 6-7 weeks before the cats went.

They were really helpful and friendly, I've been really pleased with their service. They also organised someone to collect them to go to the airport, we are in Sheffield and the cats flew from Heathrow. This cost another £240. The unexpected cost at the end was the vets fee for signing the documents, £500!!

I too was a wreck, couldn't eat from getting up the morning of the day they were due to go until I knew they had landed safe and well in Perth. They were in the container for over 30 hours and I just couldn't bear the thought of it. They are Siberian cats, quite large usually and the boy cat, Gabriel, is huge he weighs over 7.5 kilos and I was worried that he didn't have enough room but he could stand upright, turn arund and lie down and that is the requirement. The girl, Ruby is a fussy eater and I'm worried that she won't eat what they give her in quarantine. Gabriel can afford to lose a bit of weight but she can't!

My other half is already in Perth and he called quarantine to check they were ok when they arrived and has called today to check Ruby in particular is eating. Apparently, they are both cuddling up together in the same box but have not yet eaten but this is normal, he was told and does usually takes them a couple of days.

The visiting is only 3 times per week 11.3-12.30 which means he can't get to see them because of work so they may not get a visit until after we arrive on the 19th of this month. We are desperate to see them......

I feel awful to put them through this but we couldn't have left them either and I'm sure it will all be worth it.

What did you think to quarantine when you saw it? I have read you can provide your own food but would have to source it from Australia so your cat should be able to still have his/her usual diet. I have asked Martyn to hunt down some of Ruby's favourite!

I will keep you updated on how they do, I know how worrying it is.

Jo

Guest Masiey123

Hi please could someone help us!! An agent has been in touch from Australia after I sent my details, however he says we are not eligible I have a BA Hon's in early childhood studies and work in education. My husband as been in property maintenance for twenty years nothing on paper but can plaster, bricky,plumbing work, electrical work,roof work,drainage work and build houses and extensions. We are both 42 years old got an auntie over in Melbourne. We also want to take our children aged 20,19 and 13 with us. We are more than able to keep ourselves going financially.

so we could please do with someone to help us!!!

The agent who phoned us wasn't a very good listener he asked me three time if he could get us to go to America instead!!

I said no thank you I would like to go to Australia!!!

If anyone could help us please let me know,

Thank You.

Hi,

Please do be very wary, my wife and I have engaged the services of a relocation and immigration company that have possibly cost us our dream of enjoying life in Perth, they have promissed it all and delivered very little.

My best advise to you is to look on the "mara" website www.mara.gov.au which is an official Australian government immigration site that can help you find a registered agent, they can advise you of official agents that are backed and registered by them that will offer you advice and help you with your visa application.

The best of luck to you.