SOR 45yr old mum two boys 14 and 9 coffee wine and belly laughs

boo

Hi Everyone,I will be moving to perth end of January 2013.I would love to meet some cheery folk to start our next chapter.I have my two sons and my hubby will mostly be overseas.We have lived the last 20 years in The Middle East so will probably be more friend sick than home sick !!Drop me a message if you fanct a chin wag

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be in Applecross hubby will be with us for the first month to settle us in .I will need to take a driving test quickly as my Arabian one doesn t count ,I will have to google Port Kennedy as really not sure where many places are . Thanks for replying already feeling positive.

Hi Boo

I live SOR, not very far from Applecross and would love to meet up, lots of lovely cafes/restaurants in the area to sit back, natter and take in the surrounds.

As a side note, do you have to start your driving from scratch here or is just a case of taking the test, only asking as my daughter is about to start the process and its pretty long winded here, including needing to fill a log book with so many hours driving while with someone with a full Oz licence. If thats the case and your OH not around give me a shout if your stuck, although i would hope that they wouldnt make you start from scratch.

Your nearest licensing centre is at Willagee, i live just up the road in Melville, you will pass my house on your way there.

The licensing centres can get very busy. Its a case of turn up, take a ticket and wait. Ive found that Wednesdays seem to be the least busy.

Good luck with your move

Thank you so much for that offer and all the advice ...I will look into it a bit more with regards to the driving test.I reckon if I can drive here in the U .A . E I can drive anywhere!!! Will contact you ,if I may, when arrived, made a cuppa, and have broad band in the house .

Always up for a laugh and chat we have a 6yr old and 3yr old we are in our early 40's but don't really mind what age our friends are, we also have a friend comingc out in July with a very nervous nearly 15 year old who I'm sure would appreciate meeting some friends round about his age to help settle him, keep me posted, We r in Waikiki and so far loving it x

Hi Sueloo. I hope you don't mind me asking but is Waikiki a good place to live with 2 boys aged 15 and 10. We are looking to book a furnished rental from May 2013. What are the schools like in the area. Also is there much to do for kids that age? i.e football teams, cinemas etc. Thanks in advance for your advice xx

Hi There,

We have only been here a month and our oldest won't start School until Feb, Iv met quite a few locals and heard good and bad about the schools, THe primary schools appear to be pretty much achieving what they should, state and private high schools have mixed rep, they are not the best schools in Perth but that is reflected in the cost of housing, I was getting really hung up on this until I realised I wasn't sending my kids to the best schools in London either lol, I suggest checking it out for yourself when you get here.

As for the area Waikiki is lovely, all the suburbs here pretty much close together Rocko, Shoalwater, Safety Bay, Waikiki, Warnbro, Port Kennedy and a lot of people settle in the new areas of Baldivis but the plots are very small, beaches are beautiful, surf club, rugby, football, cricket , swim clubs, martial arts, cinemas, pretty much everything you need, the advise I was given was to stay beach side of Read Street and keep away from Rockingham itself but Im not sure how dated this advise is I think thigs are changing pretty fast down here, Hubby commutes to work in Perth takes about 45 mins and we have easy access south to the beautiful Margaret RIver so no complaints so far. It's difficult to give advise because everyones priorities are different, if you do come our way keep in touch for get together, I have a friend coming out in JUly with nearly 15 year old who is really worried about making friends x

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone,I will be moving to perth end of January 2013.I would love to meet some cheery folk to start our next chapter.I have my two sons and my hubby will mostly be overseas.We have lived the last 20 years in The Middle East so will probably be more friend sick than home sick !!Drop me a message if you fanct a chin wag

Hi Boo,

i live near the city would be happy to meet up at weekends if your free for a chat over a coffee or a glass of wine. I have recently moved over and am looking to make new female friends.

Brit Girl :biggrin:

Guest Pinksthebest2013

Hi Sue

I have recently split from my husband and looking to make new female friends, I live in Lakelands now, would be grate to catch up for a coffee and a gurly chat at some point.

Nicky :)

Guest Pinksthebest2013
Always up for a laugh and chat we have a 6yr old and 3yr old we are in our early 40's but don't really mind what age our friends are, we also have a friend comingc out in July with a very nervous nearly 15 year old who I'm sure would appreciate meeting some friends round about his age to help settle him, keep me posted, We r in Waikiki and so far loving it x

Hi Sue

I have recently split from my husband and looking to make new female friends, I live in Lakelands now, would be grate to catch up for a coffee and a gurly chat at some point.

Nicky :)

• 8 months later...
Hi All, I know these posts are old now, but I have recently moved to Safety Bay with my FIFO husband and teenage son and wondered if any ladies would like to meet for a drink sometime? I'm 43 and currently not working so available nearly any time.

Hi there Vginoz

welcome to Oz. How are you enjoying it so far?

I'm not far from Safety Bay and not working at the mo. Been over about 7 months now and love it here. I have a 16 year old son who is still settling in. If you would like to meet for coffee and a chat just let me know x