Hgv licence in western oz

Guest Shaunjoan53@gmail.com

Guest Shaunjoan53@gmail.com

Hiya can someone help me,my brother has a acrtic hgv licence in the uk,he drives for shell,he wants to come here to me in perth,can he use this licence,or does he need a new one,what are the jobs like here for hgv and pay and just a bit of info to help him,o and cost if he need redo it,hes had it for 6 years now,so hes experienced,thank you so much joan

Hiya can someone help me,my brother has a acrtic hgv licence in the uk,he drives for shell,he wants to come here to me in perth,can he use this licence,or does he need a new one,what are the jobs like here for hgv and pay and just a bit of info to help him,o and cost if he need redo it,hes had it for 6 years now,so hes experienced,thank you so much joan

hi he will have to sit another test.he will need an MC licence (multi combination) which is for multiple trailors.or a HC which is the same as a hgv licence.my advise is to gor for a mc licence as it covers everything .i think for an mc licence a 2 day course is about $2300 aus.he will have to sit a theory test first.also look on seek at road transport and put in mc/hc/hr in the key words and this will bring up jobs and salary.also a dg licence is handy to have aswell.there is a company on seek who are looking for mc drivers and are willing to help with visas etc..

• 1 month later...

Hi Shaun

Depending on how much experience he has he may not need to sit a test he could just transfer this over to a HC - X licence. WIth regards to upgrading his licence there is no fixed cost that could be given as a training company we use for all our expat drivers access every driver first and I have known experienced UK drivers pass after a couple of hours lessons. We send our drivers to Wrightway training in Maddington and they are great. They are an Irish couple who own this and have been training here for 20 years and they wont try and rob you of your money.

We are always looking for good expat LGV drivers with good experience. Especially courier drivers.

Tell him to send us an email at perth@driverhire.com.au (he will know us from the UK as we have over 100 offices there)

Hi

Can anyone help?

My husband has a class 2 driving licence and currently drives 28 ton bin lorries. Will he need to change his licence or will he have to complete a driving test when we get to Oz (fremantle)and are there driving jobs available ?

many thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

Joan how did your brother get on with finding work, my hubby is in the same position any help world be amazing

laura x

• 1 month later...

HI there

We have a number of companies that like to employ UK drivers because of their work ethic and safer driving standards with all the EU regulations put on to UK drivers ecpecially with the new drivers CPC licence.

If you are here now I am always free to meet with UK driver and point them in the right direction.

HI there

We have a number of companies that like to employ UK drivers because of their work ethic and safer driving standards with all the EU regulations put on to UK drivers ecpecially with the new drivers CPC licence.

If you are here now I am always free to meet with UK driver and point them in the right direction.

Hi Dean and Margaret

We have our 190 visa and my husband will be available for work from the 7/07/2013. would it be ok to give to ring when we land in Oz. We arrive on the 22/06/2013

thank you x

Hi Dean and Margaret

We have our 190 visa and my husband will be available for work from the 7/07/2013. would it be ok to give to ring when we land in Oz. We arrive on the 22/06/2013

thank you x

Hello

Thanks for your email. It will be our pleasure to meet up when you arrive. During that period I am all over the place between Sydney and Melbourne as we open new offices over there then plus I fly back to the UK and arrive back in Perth on the 8th July.

Give our office a call when you arrive and speak with Margaret Ann 9474 4077 and she can check my diary and book you in then if this helps. Margarat Ann will also help in any way possible to help you settle in.

Good luck with the move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi Shaun

Depending on how much experience he has he may not need to sit a test he could just transfer this over to a HC - X licence. WIth regards to upgrading his licence there is no fixed cost that could be given as a training company we use for all our expat drivers access every driver first and I have known experienced UK drivers pass after a couple of hours lessons. We send our drivers to Wrightway training in Maddington and they are great. They are an Irish couple who own this and have been training here for 20 years and they wont try and rob you of your money.

We are always looking for good expat LGV drivers with good experience. Especially courier drivers.

Tell him to send us an email at perth@driverhire.com.au (he will know us from the UK as we have over 100 offices there)

Great advice mate, got intouch with Wrightway who are a brilliant company to deal with. Helped me no-end. As the instructor said to me, they are all Poms + Paddys, which is nice when you are new in town because they have been there themselves. They know exactly how the system works and helped me with everything from getting my permits to mastering the crash boxes. HC test on Monday, then straight onto the MC, exactly where I want to be!! Cheers again for the advice!!

1395150_10152292211748496_205595638_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

Stumbled across this post so I hope you dont mind me hijacking it. My hubby has been driving class 1 lgv for 10 years he also has his full cpc here in UK as this is now law in 2014. My issue is I cant find his occupation on the SOL list at all. Mine either (Administration) what on earth do we do ? Im beginning to loose hope of moving to Perth. Ive sent an email to Driver hire no response just yet. But, wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.

J