how does it work

Pipmcrae

Pre-Primary is the first compulsory year of schooling - http://det.wa.edu.au/schoolsandyou/detcms/navigation/life-at-school/pre-primary/

So if I'm getting this right, my daughter was born on the 27th July 2012 so she will HAVE to start school in Feb 2018. That means she'll be 5 1/2 year old!

Is kindy free if you have a PR visa?

This may impact us when we come over as I'll be the main bread winner but the OH works here whilst our baby is looked after by Grandparents 2 days a week (1 day for each set) and 2 days at a childminders (who happens to be a good friend of the family)

We'll need to work out the cost of child care :arghh: as well now

So if I'm getting this right, my daughter was born on the 27th July 2012 so she will HAVE to start school in Feb 2018. That means she'll be 5 1/2 year old!

Is kindy free if you have a PR visa?

This may impact us when we come over as I'll be the main bread winner but the OH works here whilst our baby is looked after by Grandparents 2 days a week (1 day for each set) and 2 days at a childminders (who happens to be a good friend of the family)

We'll need to work out the cost of child care :arghh: as well now

Kindy is free for the majority of visa holders. You may be asked to pay a voluntary contribution to the school usually around the $50 a year mark. Your daughter will be eligible for Kindy in 2017. At present this works out and 2.5 days a week. Some schools spread that time over 5 days and some just do the 2.5 days. As you say compulsory schooling for your daughter will commence in 2018.