Some pics!

Mad Cow

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

making a trip down Mandurah way tomorrow so may go a bit further to Dawesville as my son has been telling everyone for months he is 'going to Straya to see the dolphins', better find some for him! what is the best time to see them ?

Pretty much any. First, try from the dawesvill bridge. Pull in just before the bridge on the right side - there is a restaurant there called Hot Rock. Then there is a walk way under the bridge.

Then, walk over the bridge and down to the edge of the cut. You will now be on the south side / dawesville side. Walk along towards the ocean and you will come to a little marina. There often in there herding fish.

No guaranteed time to see them, but there are normally a few about most times of the day.

If your about late afternoon - say 5pm ish. Then after doing the dolphins, drive over the bridge and head south and about 5 minutes you will go past several possible turn offs on the right. Take the one signposted for Nursery. Drive around and make sure you get to the park. There are masses of kangaroos. There is a kids play area in the park and surrounded by Roos.

If you want a coffee / bit to eat, then the first left after the bridge (when heading south) follow the road round and you will get a nice little place opposite the Peel.

Went to see the dolphins at the cut today, fantastic! they put on a good show and came right by our feet, my daughter was delighted. thanks for the tip, it is a well kept secet as in Perth a place like that would be packed but there were only 4 or 5 other people around watching.

• 5 weeks later...
Thought I'd add a few

[ATTACH=CONFIG]671[/ATTACH]

Dolphins playing at The Old Swan Brewery, Mounts Bay Road

[ATTACH=CONFIG]672[/ATTACH]

Early evening on South Beach, Freo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]673[/ATTACH]

Sun setting over Freo docks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]674[/ATTACH]

The Rouse Point lighthouse

[ATTACH=CONFIG]675[/ATTACH]

Looking down from Kings Park

wow what fab pics, getting me soooooooooo excited!!!! Xx

• 1 month later...

I'm flying out in two weeks time and have to say that I've been feeling slightly anxious about lots of things like leaving family and friends but these photos have reminded me why I'm off and the rain rattling the window in the middle of a UK summer is helping loads too!!!

Great photos everyone!