Whose coming in the next few months?

Mad Cow

Ok, lots of posts about your progress lately! Just wondered who is arriving in the near future? Exciting times for you all! Have you got flights booked? Anticipating booking flights? I remember booking ours. Hubby had it all set up online and said, shall I hit book? I must admit it sent a shiver down my spine lol! Five years down the line, I still think about it!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us hopefully! Medicals done, police checks applied for, then hopefully visa grant - then we can look at flights, starting to get quotes for shipping this week and agents round to put the house up for rent .........

So hoping for late May/early June, will send shipping ahead of us and hopefully my mum will put us up for a few weeks before we go. Staying with my Aunt in Waikiki whilst we find a rental. Hopefully all this will go to plan.

Us hopefully! Medicals done, police checks applied for, then hopefully visa grant - then we can look at flights, starting to get quotes for shipping this week and agents round to put the house up for rent .........

So hoping for late May/early June, will send shipping ahead of us and hopefully my mum will put us up for a few weeks before we go. Staying with my Aunt in Waikiki whilst we find a rental. Hopefully all this will go to plan.

Fab! Are you excited lol! I remember those last few weeks! Nervous but excited at the same time!

We are flying 13th march so just under 3 weeks to go.

All the big stuff, visas, flights, removals etc... is sorted

But loads still to do before the packing starts, cleaning bikes, camping stuff.

cant wait to get there though

Our house has just sold, waiting on husbands work to confirm 100% the transfer date and then we can book flights. Looks like 19th May ABZ-LHR-SIN-PER with Singapore Airlines. I am wondering how we will feel when we hit that confirm booking button - never booked 1 way flights before. We are very excited and just enjoying being able to crack on with packing and planning now the house has sold.

We are staying in Clarkson for 5 weeks and then hopefully Iluka, Ocean Reef or Mindarie - trying out Clarkson to see if we want to be that extra bit further north in Mindarie. Hubby and I are 35 and 36 and our 2 boys are 4 and 1. Anyone else looking for a play date to help the kids settle just let me know.

2 weeks to go for us!!

We are still finalising shipping - decided to sell all of our furniture and just shipping 60cuft in boxes so hopefully will have all confirmed on Monday.

We also think we have secured some accommodation for the first week.

Just to sell our bed and sofa before we depart, a few more trips to the charity shop and we will be done. Can't wait to get on the plane with a sigh.

So bloody excited!!!

Rosie & Elliott

We have the shipping company coming over on Tuesday and we are due to fly out to Perth via Beijing the following Sunday. We are aiming to be in Perth second week on March.

Wishing everyone all the best for their new life down under.

Cheers

djj

Guest Vertigo

We have just returned from recce - fantastic! I have 5 more weeks work. Need to say a few goodbyes but plan to make the permanent hop over in April. No flights booked or removals so going to be a frantic mad dash to get everything sorted! Anyone got a good checklist?

Our movers arrive in the morning but still no where near ready for them aagh!!! Still got to get the cats into cattery before they fly and the car is going, so has to get final bits done. Flying to Johannesburg on Thursday for 5 days then onto Perth. Feeling a little sick now - see you all on the other side x

Fab! Are you excited lol! I remember those last few weeks! Nervous but excited at the same time!

Yep, super excited, except I'm starting full-time work on Monday 3 month contract NHS as a ward clerk working on a dementia ward - but it will pay for the shipping!! So it feels like another mountain to climb before we can start properly packing up (looks like we'll only have a couple of weeks to get sorted). So whilst excited, still seems like an age away!

Have I read somewhere you are a nurse, if so what do you think my chances are of picking up admin work/ward clerk jobs? Does it require any formal training other than admin in Oz, (I'm, pretty well qualified as a PA/Sec and have lots of experience, but knowing how WA like bits of paper for everything ....). Any advice welcome, cheers.

My wife and I are heading over in the 2nd week in August - heading to Waikiki to stay with friends intially and to begin the house and job search!! We are planning on flying with Cathay Pacific and stopping over in Hong King for a few days. Has anyone flew with Cathay Pacific before? If so, how did you find them?

Yep, super excited, except I'm starting full-time work on Monday 3 month contract NHS as a ward clerk working on a dementia ward - but it will pay for the shipping!! So it feels like another mountain to climb before we can start properly packing up (looks like we'll only have a couple of weeks to get sorted). So whilst excited, still seems like an age away!

Have I read somewhere you are a nurse, if so what do you think my chances are of picking up admin work/ward clerk jobs? Does it require any formal training other than admin in Oz, (I'm, pretty well qualified as a PA/Sec and have lots of experience, but knowing how WA like bits of paper for everything ....). Any advice welcome, cheers.

Hi, yes I'm a nurse. Not sure about the ward clerk jobs and training etc, ill try and find a link for you!

Ward Clerk jobs in Perth WA - Jobseeker.com.au

http://www.jobseeker.com.au/Ward-Clerk-jobs-in-Perth-WA

Hospital is recruiting a Ward Clerk who will be responsible for the provision of ward clerical services...clients of the hospital and receives and processes all ...

There you go taylors4! Have a browse and look at the criteria and experience they are asking for!

Guest laurajanette

Hi. Everyone

Myself, husband and 2 girls aged 5 and 3 are hopefully moving over in May. Got a case officer assigned last week for a 189 visa. All police checks and medicals done. Just hoping for a quick reply!!