Whose coming in the next few months?

Mad Cow

We are on 9th April!! We are flying with Emirates via Dubai leaving Gatwick on the 8th.

Myself, my husband Adam and 2 girls aged 6 and 4. We have a rental sorted in Canning Vale (SOR). My husband has work lined up with an old colleague from the UK. I am an accountant and will be looking for work after getting the girls settled.

Trying to decide on a shipping company and what is worth taking!

Getting a bit impatient now and not enjoying the anticipation of the 'goodbyes' - All very excited tho!!!

Shelley x

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chrissielt

We are coming on 7th April ! Flights booked, flying via Dubai with Emirates :) Have short term accommodation booked for the first 3 weeks - just need to book hire car and we are set to go ... Still sorting house out , Charity shop has done a storm from us and don't know where I'd be without ebay !

Looking forward to getting there but sooooo Nervous !!! Hope to see you all on the other side :) x

Our flights are booked for 26th March, the house is getting packed up on 11th March. Just a few weeks left at work and we'll be on the plane in time to spend our first Easter in Perth. We will initially be based in the CBD for up to 6 weeks until we find a rental hopefully NOR. Is there anything going on over the Easter weekend? We have two children aged 8 and 4 so it would be good to do something with them before I start work on 2nd April. Also do supermarkets open on Good Friday? We'll need to get some supplies in!!

Looking forward to meeting lots of new people and making new friends.

Our flights are booked for 26th March, the house is getting packed up on 11th March. Just a few weeks left at work and we'll be on the plane in time to spend our first Easter in Perth. We will initially be based in the CBD for up to 6 weeks until we find a rental hopefully NOR. Is there anything going on over the Easter weekend? We have two children aged 8 and 4 so it would be good to do something with them before I start work on 2nd April. Also do supermarkets open on Good Friday? We'll need to get some supplies in!!

Looking forward to meeting lots of new people and making new friends.

Just be aware no bottle shops open Good Friday! Very important you get your grog before that lol!

Guest Davidson

I asked myself the same question while I was booking my flights,,should I press the button??

Although I'm a single man I felt a little bit worried, while preparing myself to move.

During all the hard work of collecting papers for the visa I was just dreaming of having the visa and immidiately go. After getting my visa it seems to be there is hard work need to be done :)

I willy fly to Perth early May via Qatar.....trying to arrange temporary accommodation and it seems to be not tat easy

Hey we are all booked and flying out from Manchester via Dubai with Emirates on 20 June. Myself, husband Darren, Elle (14) and Molly (11) Removal companies coming next week to provide quotes, house on the market, offer in place so fingers crossed it all goes through in time! Just sorting application to import our car and planning leaving parties. My head is in bits but we are so looking forward to this :jiggy:initially staying with friends in Ashby and hoping to land a long term rental within the first month but seems like it's a bit tough so just hoping we manage to find something? Good luck to everyone with your move and wishing you all much happiness in your new lives in Perth! xxx

We leave UK on 8th April but don't arrive in Perth until 28th April having alittle hols on route (Hongkong, Bali, Bribane and then Perth). Family of four with girls aged 8 & 6 hoping to live Mandurah area. Shippers arrive 2nd April then we stay with my sister until we fly!!! short term let in Wannanup, Falcon for 5 weeks hopefully secure a rental in that time!!! Getting nervous and excited now. Been in the process for 2 years but worth all the hardwork to get our Visa!!!

Hi

My wife and I are moving to Perth in the 1st week of May 2013. Initially we will be staying in Mandurah. We are excited, but scared thinking of getting jobs!

We don't know anyone in Perth and would like to meet up for coffee or on the beach in Cottesloe /any other.

Cheers!

Jack

Hi jack, welcome to PP. join in the threads and you will get lots of help. What are your professions?

Guest Sexysox99

I'm leaving in 7 weeks.!! Nervous and excited.

Flights booked with emirates via Dubai for 3 days. Got free accommodation for 3 months through trusted house sitters also got family in Mandurrah. Hoping to secure a job in accountancy quickly then looking to room share until I can get a mortgage to buy a place.

Been dreaming of this day for about 10 years and can't believe it's finally happening!

Hi Davidson

I am also coming out on my own and after scouring the Internet I came to the conclusion that airbnb was the best site if you are going it alone. I booked somewhere for a month, this allows you time to look for longer term accommodation once you arrive and can actually go and see the places and make sure they are not dodgy.

Jane

Guest Kidgells

I am just starting the process and out of interest (if you don't mind me asking and the whole of Perth knowing) how much was your shipping? And how much are you taking I.e. Beds, sofa etc.....?

SOLD !

We finally sold the house on Friday after 8 months, which has been holding up the whole move.

The sale goes through on 12th April, so will be flying out around that date.

We are staying with family in Mandurah then hope to buy our own place by Christmas, possibly in Baldivis.

Its such a relief as we've been in limbo for such a long time. Shame about the exchange rate....

Guest Davidson
Hi Davidson

I am also coming out on my own and after scouring the Internet I came to the conclusion that airbnb was the best site if you are going it alone. I booked somewhere for a month, this allows you time to look for longer term accommodation once you arrive and can actually go and see the places and make sure they are not dodgy.

Jane

Thanks Jane ,,you are my saver I was overwhelmed by considering temp. accommmodation and its too much cost.

wish I could see you there.:biggrin:

Ward Clerk jobs in Perth WA - Jobseeker.com.au

www.jobseeker.com.au/Ward-Clerk-jobs-in-Perth-WA

Hospital is recruiting a Ward Clerk who will be responsible for the provision of ward clerical services...clients of the hospital and receives and processes all ...

There you go taylors4! Have a browse and look at the criteria and experience they are asking for!

Thanks for that Madcow, bit of a difference salary wise - NHS are paying £14,300 Perth are paying $54,772 - $58,946!! Only just seen this - I've been too busy working!!

Hi Travelchic

if you look up http://www.airbnb.com the site has videos explaining how the whole thing works. Basically it's for people who want to let out parts of their house or flats for long or short periods. My sister puts her flat up for rent on airbnb (Glasgow city centre) and has had folk from all over the world stay there and no problems. At the end of each stay both host and guests write reviews which are put on the site next to the host or guests airbnb page - this means if someone is dodgy other visitors or hosts will tell you about it. It is an excellent way of getting accommodation for the first few weeks and the host can help with local information and you can look up previous reviews (like you would with tripadvisor) and make sure the place is OK. Most importantly it's works out cheaper than hotel accommodation.

Jane

Hi, we booked our flights yesterday for 15 July. I was so excited and still am. It has taken us over two years to get to this stage, but the house has been sold, we are living in rented until the flight, then our new adventure begins. We have three kids who feel excited, scared and don't want to come all at the same time. We activated our visas last Oct and fell in love with Perth, it felt like home and a wonderful place to live. Just have 131 days to get through with all the emotions but I know it will be worth it.

Guest perthmigrantsx

Hi All We moved to Perth end of October 2012 (myself Hubby and ten year old son). Good luck to everyone that are on their way or coming soon, exciting and nervous times. I am happy to meet up or send info and pass on what we have learnt so far (the good and the bad :wink:). Welcome to the sunshine! x

Guest Davidson
Hi All We moved to Perth end of October 2012 (myself Hubby and ten year old son). Good luck to everyone that are on their way or coming soon, exciting and nervous times. I am happy to meet up or send info and pass on what we have learnt so far (the good and the bad :wink:). Welcome to the sunshine! x

Thankyou foryour gernerous offer..of course your info will be of great value for us