Whose coming in the next few months?

Mad Cow

Hi all,

we're applying for a 457 in about a week or so ( just getting references and work qualifications together) fingers crossed, my new boss want me there ASAP!!!

cant wait!!!

if all goes well, I'll be coming out first on my own for a few months, heading towards the Woodvale/Edgewater areas.

Edited by Den & Jin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

We arrived a week ago and totally loving it so far. We've lived in Africa we've lived in Europe but I can honestly say I never want to move from Oz! Lots to get our heads around and securing property is a challenge but whats not to love about Perth? For all of you planning the move... as hard as it is - its worth it!

Guest INC2013

Hi everyone, We are flying out Glasgow-Heathrow-Singapore-Perth on the 10th April. Initially staying in a city centre hotel for a few weeks until we find a holiday rental for a couple of months. Not sure where to rent. Good luck to all making the fresh start.

Guest Agrius

Hi everyone,

Ive got my Visa and coming out either beginning of May or beginning of June. Only 27 and coming on my own so I don't really have anything, in the process of selling everything and just finished the let on my flat. Flying with Emirates as they offer the most baggage weight. Just a big bag and my surfboard. Initially staying with a friend in Kalamunda. Cant wait!

Hi Everyone, new to the forum. I fly to Perth in two weeks (26th March with Singapore Airlines), got my skilled migrant visa granted in September 2012. Thankfully I also now have a job to start on the 15th April, so no more horrible skype interviews. At the moment packing boxes to be shipped. Coming over on my own but going to be living with my friend you has been out there since November 2011...and loving it!

Guest Mavrick7

Hi,

I am coming in June.

One of my friend who moved to Perth last year, booked his flight from IOM which was very useful as he got ticket at reduced rates with extra baggage.

Am moving in September :) got visa in jan can't wait :) altho crapping it a little as am doing the move on my own such a huge step! How is it meeting new people etc?? I have my cousin there but don't wanna feel a burden on her and her husband so am hoping to find shared acomadation pritty quick when I get there. I keep going to book my flight still haven't hit the book button yet am just so crapping it but no it will be worth it :)

Flights booked for 14 June, Via Singapore. Since we booked them in Jan the time has flown by and I know its gonna come around so quick. We have short term accommodation booked for a month in Ocean Reef so we have that time look for something more long term. Just need to sort out a shipping company and hire car. I dont even want to think about the goodbye's yet.

Hi all,

My boyfriend and little girl (2 years old) have decided we would love to move to Oz (scared, nervous and excited about it) We will be applying for a family visa which we were told would cost about £6000 all together. My boyfriend is a Gas Engineer and were hoping that he may be able to get work over there. We have read lots of negative reviews that it being difficult to get work without having experience in Oz and that it can be hard to find a property to rent. If our visas are excepted then where are the best places to start looking for work and properties to rent?

Hi all,

My boyfriend and little girl (2 years old) have decided we would love to move to Oz (scared, nervous and excited about it) We will be applying for a family visa which we were told would cost about £6000 all together. My boyfriend is a Gas Engineer and were hoping that he may be able to get work over there. We have read lots of negative reviews that it being difficult to get work without having experience in Oz and that it can be hard to find a property to rent. If our visas are excepted then where are the best places to start looking for work and properties to rent?

Welcome to the forum Lisa. I would concentrate on the visa first and then work out the rest from there! Good luck!

Hi,

I am coming in June.

One of my friend who moved to Perth last year, booked his flight from IOM which was very useful as he got ticket at reduced rates with extra baggage.

I've booked a ticket with them since January but I'm yet to receive my ticket. First they put me on Malaysian airlines which I've read a number of not so good reviews about and then they haven't yet sent me a confirmed ticket since I made payment in January. The lady in charge of my case told me I had to pay and additional £90 which in total is more expensive than the ticket prices for Emirates and Qantas on travel booking sites.

I'd prefer to book online normally at this rate but the baggage allowance is just ridiculously small as IOM was doing to give me 40kg checked in luggage as opposed to the 23kg Qantas is offering.

Urgh!

Hi we fly out on 25th march from Heathrow. Myself, my wife and our 2 1/2 year old daughter, can't wait!! I have job and start work 5th April so we are gonna have nearly 2 weeks to get our bearings and do some relaxing if that's possible lol. We have got a 2 month holiday let near joondalup. Would love to chat to anyone going through the process or been through it, and meet up with anyone on the other side!

Guest Mavrick7

Hi Walvia,

Its very strange behaviour of IOM.

Normaly when you book through IOM the ticket price is reduced and they allow excess baggage.

Also IOM gives you choice of airline option.

Here in Pakistan, IOM has agreement with Emirates only but it provide ticket at reduced price and with bagggage allowance of 40Kg.

I've booked a ticket with them since January but I'm yet to receive my ticket. First they put me on Malaysian airlines which I've read a number of not so good reviews about and then they haven't yet sent me a confirmed ticket since I made payment in January. The lady in charge of my case told me I had to pay and additional £90 which in total is more expensive than the ticket prices for Emirates and Qantas on travel booking sites.

I'd prefer to book online normally at this rate but the baggage allowance is just ridiculously small as IOM was doing to give me 40kg checked in luggage as opposed to the 23kg Qantas is offering.

Urgh!

Guest Mavrick7

Hi Elizabeth,

Congratulations on visa grant.

Which area you are planning to settle?

Am moving in September :) got visa in jan can't wait :) altho crapping it a little as am doing the move on my own such a huge step! How is it meeting new people etc?? I have my cousin there but don't wanna feel a burden on her and her husband so am hoping to find shared acomadation pritty quick when I get there. I keep going to book my flight still haven't hit the book button yet am just so crapping it but no it will be worth it :)

Hey am not sure am going to stay in kerinup (if that's how u spell it) haha for the first 2 wks till I find a place but am tottaly lost as in to what area and things, what area do u recommend? Am hoping to eventually set up my own mobile hairdressing business as that's what I do hear and I no from living in oz b4 it's so expensive in salons. I finnaly booked my ticket yesterday am leaving on the 20th sep having 4 days in Dubai can not wait! Am really hoping its easy to meet people out in perth but can not wait! :)

Guest Davidson

Good luck for you Elizabeth,,,,,and just push the button :wink:

Guest Mavrick7

I am also confused about which area to stay.

Things become completed as i am not sure where i will get the job :(

Sometimes i think i should stay in Rockingham or Bunbury as cost of accomodation will be less.

But it is also a fact if i decide to stay in Perth, then it will be easy for job hunt although it will be very expansive

Hey am not sure am going to stay in kerinup (if that's how u spell it) haha for the first 2 wks till I find a place but am tottaly lost as in to what area and things, what area do u recommend? Am hoping to eventually set up my own mobile hairdressing business as that's what I do hear and I no from living in oz b4 it's so expensive in salons. I finnaly booked my ticket yesterday am leaving on the 20th sep having 4 days in Dubai can not wait! Am really hoping its easy to meet people out in perth but can not wait! :)

Hi Walvia,

Its very strange behaviour of IOM.

Normaly when you book through IOM the ticket price is reduced and they allow excess baggage.

Also IOM gives you choice of airline option.

Here in Pakistan, IOM has agreement with Emirates only but it provide ticket at reduced price and with bagggage allowance of 40Kg.

After many many calls, I had to pay the additional fee and my ticket has now been issued. :)

HI we have just got back from mandurah, lovely place, saw some dolphins and the crab fest was on while we were there which was great!!! we had a good look at areas south of perth,we liked secret harbour as a place to live as it has everything you need, except a train station and mandurah is nice but i think mandurah has a big population of poor people and very rich people living there as you will prob see when you arrive, the town itself is nice and clean etc, if you drive just out of mandurah to halls head the houses are very run down!!! then right next to them you have multi million dollar houses by the harbour! We have arrived home to snow :( anyway reccie over now to decide if we want to take the plunge to perth!!!

Good luck,might see you there someday

Guest AndyPommy

I'm looking at coming over on a whv in August/September, what area is best to focus on for jobs? I'm going to be staying with family initially, but I want to rent a room, and I don't know where to start looking at as I don't know where the jobs for us are?

I'm looking at coming over on a whv in August/September, what area is best to focus on for jobs? I'm going to be staying with family initially, but I want to rent a room, and I don't know where to start looking at as I don't know where the jobs for us are?

AndyPommy , don't know where your family who you are staying with are based suburb wise but public transport links are brilliant over here and cheap for day to day travel compared to UK (I'm south of the river it may be different from Northern suburbs) , if you have got the ability to do so (finance wise etc think of your monthly costs in the UK then at least double it) suggest you spend the first month or so getting to know the lay of the land so to speak, believe it or not it is a bit of culture shock , standard of living, cost of living, and it sounds ridiculous the relentless summer sun which you will hit not long after your arrival (been here 5 years and still not used to it) etc. As mentioned previously good public transport makes it easier to get around hence once here looking for work through various agencies , ads in papers etc will give you a better idea than trying to sort it before you arrive.

Above just my opinion I'm sure others will suggest a different approach

Edited by rover1875

Guest Mavrick7

Congratulations

Finally you made it :)

I am also trying for booking through IOM. Lets see....

After many many calls, I had to pay the additional fee and my ticket has now been issued. :)