How big is your........shed?????

Guest guest9824

Guest guest9824

Just thought I would try to lighten the mood a bit, and debate the 'how big is your shed'? question.This is a truly aussie tradition, and whether you call it your 'man cave' 'no sheilas den' or purely your shed, they do come in all shapes and sizes:wink: and we didnt realise just how much of an important part the good ole shed is in aussie folk law and culture. If you aint got a big shed, you could be seriously lacking in aussie ness!!!:biggrin: ....what do you get up to in your shed? Is it like Bunnings, where you disappear for hours, only to pop up with a packet of nails in your hand? Hoping for some enlightenment!

pea

Yeah the shed thing was a bit of a mystery to me when I first got here more so than the obsession with little Vauxhall vans without a back roof :) or having the noisiest exhaust on your car possible, used to think a shed was for storing all the junk that you didn't want in your house and couldn't be bothered to take it to the tip.

How things change , the shed at our current house was a major plus point in us buying it, 5 x3 m , all utilities connected contains a sink , partitioned toilet / Shower, windows and old but working air con unit. Was previously used by last owner as a workshop , lots of storage units etc workbenches, soon got rid of them I hate DIY :) ,Originally plan was to rent it out to a student etc , but now actually run a home based business from it. Also handy for when the relatives come over en mass for additional sleeping space.

After discussing the Shed thing with a few Aussies, think it's all about having space , freedom and achievement, which does seem a very common theme in most things here. The following question should be part of the citizenship test "How much do you love your Shed? "

Edited by rover1875

Yeah the shed thing was a bit of a mystery to me when I first got here more so than the obsession with little Vauxhall vans without a back roof :) or having the noisiest exhaust on your car possible, used to think a shed was for storing all the junk that you didn't want in your house and couldn't be bothered to take it to the tip.

How things change , the shed at our current house was a major plus point in us buying it, 5 x3 m , all utilities connected contains a sink , partitioned toilet / Shower, windows and old but working air con unit. Was previously used by last owner as a workshop , lots of storage units etc workbenches, soon got rid of them I hate DIY :) ,Originally plan was to rent it out to a student etc , but now actually run a home based business from it. Also handy for when the relatives come over en mass for additional sleeping space.

After discussing the Shed thing with a few Aussies, think it's all about having space , freedom and achievement, which does seem a very common theme in most things here. The following question should be part of the citizenship test "How much do you love your Shed? "

Oh man, I feel slightly less masculine now. I've not even got a shed. We're renting at the moment, but when we buy I hope one day if I'm a good boy I'll be allowed to have a man cave.

Ross

I have a virtual shed.

As a result, some days it holds half a dozen air cooled VW's. On other days it keeps my MD Explorer helicopter safe, contains tooling and equipment for my treehouse building project, a small library and sanctuary where I go to write my novels and the Digitizer that Kevin Flynn made for me which I use when I fancy spooning through Encom's servers on my Light Cycle.

It's big. Very big!

Guest guest9824
I have a virtual shed.

As a result, some days it holds half a dozen air cooled VW's. On other days it keeps my MD Explorer helicopter safe, contains tooling and equipment for my treehouse building project, a small library and sanctuary where I go to write my novels and the Digitizer that Kevin Flynn made for me which I use when I fancy spooning through Encom's servers on my Light Cycle.

It's big. Very big!

....bit like the tardis in Dr.Who? :biggrin:

Guest guest9824

We have a rather large one......................20m x 10 m, more like an aircraft hanger than a shed, full of hubby's junk and lots of redbacks.

pea