Cabinet Maker / Kitchen Fitter Flying to Perth

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note, my partner is a Cabinet Maker / Kitchen fitter and we are currently going for state sponsorship through a visa company - but due to our current circumstances (staying with my father whilst saving up) he is flying form Manchester to Perth to stay with his brother for 4 weeks aiming to find a 457 sponsor to enable us to get over there quicker.

He has 10 years experience in the trade and we have a few meetings already set up, just though I would pop it on here incase anyone (or anyone you know) is looking to recruit a dedicated hardworking cabinet maker.

He will be over 23rd april - 20th may. I would appreciate any feedback :)

Elise x

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note, my partner is a Cabinet Maker / Kitchen fitter and we are currently going for state sponsorship through a visa company - but due to our current circumstances (staying with my father whilst saving up) he is flying form Manchester to Perth to stay with his brother for 4 weeks aiming to find a 457 sponsor to enable us to get over there quicker.

He has 10 years experience in the trade and we have a few meetings already set up, just though I would pop it on here incase anyone (or anyone you know) is looking to recruit a dedicated hardworking cabinet maker.

He will be over 23rd april - 20th may. I would appreciate any feedback :)

Elise x

Hi Elise i.m a kitchen fitter/ cabinet maker hoping to be over ebd of septemberish could your partner keep me posted on the jobs front

I.v spoken to a few companies and they told me I really needed to be over there

Not so sure about sponsorship though

Cheers Gary

Just make sure he says nothing at immigration with regards to job hunting. If they thought he was coming looking for work they could turn him around and send him back as it is against the conditions of a tourist visa.

Wishing him luck with his search.

Well he is actually going to visit his brother out there for a month, and then whatever happens from there is a bonus really, thanks for the heads up though I will mention it to him.

I know but if there is any indication that he is job hunting they will turn him around. This happened to a friend of a friend a couple of years ago. They found some CVs in her bags when they did a random search and put her on the next flight back.

Hi ye I visited a couple that were advertising for positions but they were interested only if I was living there they both said they were always on the look out for good cabinet makers and fitters and told me to contact them again when I was there permanently

Has your partner considered what he is going to with his tools

Gary

Hi Gary, he is ringing in the morning so I will let you know how he gets on, I think he will get the response when he is actually out there visiting the companies....we have sent in excess of 250 resumes and had feedback but saying unfortunately they have no positions, the ones he is calling in the morning have vacancies and are advertising so fingers crossed!!

Its good to hear there are jobs out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Elise, very good news on your sponsorship, proves if you go looking you'll find it! i'm a cabinet maker and we're flying out at the end of July so your news has given me a bit if faith after reading some reports of work being harder to find. Could you tell me what sort of salary he could expect? I've got a rough idea but it would be nice to hear from someone who's getting hired recently. Is he taking is own tools etc? I can take some but the others are going to be in the container.

If you want you can pm me with a reply.

Thanks,

Darren