Skills assessment

travelchic

It's probably sat there on a desk waiting to be married up with your file. I'm not excited. I don't get it. Oh no wait, hang on. Got a funny feeling in my tummy. Oh no, it's just wind lol.

I feel really unsettled. Im getting tired really easily lately. I've gone off food a bit, don't go out anywhere and I'm in bed early most nights. This visa process must be taking its toll on me I think. Maybe it's because I'm doing it alone and I've got no one to help with it. I don't know. Anyway, I hope they sort it out for you. Let me know what they e-mail back.

debs

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably sat there on a desk waiting to be married up with your file. I'm not excited. I don't get it. Oh no wait, hang on. Got a funny feeling in my tummy. Oh no, it's just wind lol.

I feel really unsettled. Im getting tired really easily lately. I've gone off food a bit, don't go out anywhere and I'm in bed early most nights. This visa process must be taking its toll on me I think. Maybe it's because I'm doing it alone and I've got no one to help with it. I don't know. Anyway, I hope they sort it out for you. Let me know what they e-mail back.

debs

I know what you mean debs, and I have my husband for support although chocolate and teapot spring to mind for him, ha ha. When your skills assessment is officially accepted any day now you will get a adrenaline rush to get you through the next phase! Good luck Hun, it will all be worth it in the end. Xxxx

Hi guys.

Received an e-mail today from ANMAC. My assessment is complete and I will receive a hard copy of my LOD in 4-6 weeks (snail mail). Woo hoo. Onwards and upwards chaps, onwards and upwards.

Debs

hey Debs that's excellent news, definitely onwards and upwards now :-) woohoo!!

eoi now? I've had one of those "wobbly" weekends - are we doing the right thing, etc.... all stuff together and just being signed for skills assessment so here we go...!

J x

Hi guys.

Received an e-mail today from ANMAC. My assessment is complete and I will receive a hard copy of my LOD in 4-6 weeks (snail mail). Woo hoo. Onwards and upwards chaps, onwards and upwards.

Debs

Wayhay!!!! Nice one Debs!!! I'm into 11th week waiting now! Do you lodge eoi now? Exciting!!

hey Debs that's excellent news, definitely onwards and upwards now :-) woohoo!!

eoi now? I've had one of those "wobbly" weekends - are we doing the right thing, etc.... all stuff together and just being signed for skills assessment so here we go...!

J x

Good job you're doing it now. The quicker the better. I've got a feeling that there is going to be a huge increase in pr applications as a result of the 457 holders having to pay for education.

Debs

Good job you're doing it now. The quicker the better. I've got a feeling that there is going to be a huge increase in pr applications as a result of the 457 holders having to pay for education.

Debs[/quote

youre right I think, I got offered a permanent contract at a fab sounding birth centre but on a 457 so had to decline :-(

hopefully something will turn up once 189 through, what's meant to be and all that......

J x

Debs[/quote

youre right I think, I got offered a permanent contract at a fab sounding birth centre but on a 457 so had to decline :-(

hopefully something will turn up once 189 through, what's meant to be and all that......

J x

Contact them again when you've got your visa and flight booked. Let them know when your coming and that your on a pr visa. They may offer you another position. That's what I'm going to do as soon as I know my exact date for going.

Debs

That's fantastic debs, bet your buzzing now :jiggy:! Think we all have those blips but just remember why you started this whole process!!!! I got an email from anmac saying that they defo haven't recieved my transcript and that this happens quite often! So I have to apply for another transcript from my uni, more bloody money, sent to myself and get it certified, moe money, and as its summer I've had no reply from the uni, sods bloody law. Never mind spose on the bright side it gives me more time to save for the move!

Really pleased for you debs. Keep us posted on all your progress its nice to hear.

Nat

I know theres not much I can do about it, but receiving Anmac email this morning after 17weeks of waiting for them to tell me I have not put in a form I know I have makes me an unhappy bunny, another 2 week delay sorting this out....not impressed with Oz admin.

Rant over, Form re-notoried (is that a verb?) UPS picking it up in morning.

Best of luck everyone

I know theres not much I can do about it, but receiving Anmac email this morning after 17weeks of waiting for them to tell me I have not put in a form I know I have makes me an unhappy bunny, another 2 week delay sorting this out....not impressed with Oz admin.

Rant over, Form re-notoried (is that a verb?) UPS picking it up in morning.

Best of luck everyone

Oh no. Poor you. I think they've lost/misplaced nat's transcript too by the sounds of it. I think it's well poor.Bet you feel like complaining but daren't in case they make you wait longer. When I get to Australia I'm going to contact ANMAC and ask them if they need extra staff, because its apparent that they do.

Debs

No debs wasn't me that emailed nmc.

So it look like I'm not the only one then!! Its quite frustrating as I emailed them weeks ago to ask what the hold up was but got told it was because of vast amount of applicants. Would have been helpful if they told me then about the transcript as then I could have got this all sorted whilst waiting for them to start my application!!

Natalie, I spoke to a girl at my IELTS exam who asked NMC to send her transcript. And they did for free. Go on their website, click on nursing overseas and send them a message asking for them to send it to ANMAC address while you wait for uni to respond. It's free and might be good enough. It was for the girl I spoke to.

Debs

Thank you Debs I've just sent them an email! Have you applied to AHPRA yet?

i have e-mailed ANMAC to ask them to forward my docs on to APHRA for me. It says on your LOD that they send them on once a week. Then I contacted APHRA to say I was doing that and they e-mailed me the form. I need to fill in the form, pay the money and send any extra docs that they want other than the ANMAC stuff. It's pages long like. Gonna sit and go through it tomorrow. Boring stuff but I think it's gonna rain tomorrow anyway. Have you registered with APHRA yet?

Debs

i have e-mailed ANMAC to ask them to forward my docs on to APHRA for me. It says on your LOD that they send them on once a week. Then I contacted APHRA to say I was doing that and they e-mailed me the form. I need to fill in the form, pay the money and send any extra docs that they want other than the ANMAC stuff. It's pages long like. Gonna sit and go through it tomorrow. Boring stuff but I think it's gonna rain tomorrow anyway. Have you registered with APHRA yet?

Debs

:) it's all starting to come together now for you Debs.. Next stop oz

:) it's all starting to come together now for you Debs.. Next stop oz

Nah. Gotta sell the house first. Got a feeling that's not gonna be quick. Just had a quick shifty through the APHRA form and I think I only need certified copies of school cert (but have done IELTS so not sure if I have to do that) and a cv. And that's it lol. The rest they'll get from ANMAC hopefully. Hope they don't lose them or I'll see my arse ha ha.

Debs

• 4 months later...

Can anyone help. We have contacted my partners university for a transcript of clinical hours for her degree as the one with her degree just lists modules and results. They however seem to not know what they can provide and are suggesting a letter stating the course required 2300hrs of clinical placement which was fulfilled. Does anyone know exactly what the transcript ANMAC are after must state. We don't want to hit delays due to ambiguity.

• 3 weeks later...