Daughters first day in school today

jonandsarah

Well 3 weeks into this and our daughter is today having her first day in school. Iam a bag of nerves.t

Took her into her class and of course they noticed a new person and made a fuss so she was glued to me at first then the teacher called another little girl over who was very kind and had already drawn a picture on some paper for Joanna she took Joanna hand and although very nervous she went and sat with her. PE teacher came along and took them all off for PE lesson Joanna went hand in hand with this little girl who kept rubbing her back to make sure she was ok. Had a chat with her teacher for about 10 mins then went over to PE area to see how she was and to my relief she was happy and smiling joining in. She gave me a kiss and a cuddle and let me leave.

I cant wait to go and pick her up though lol

Fingers crossed shes has a good day

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I know that feeling!! My daughter started school 2 weeks ago and was a very daunting experience leaving her there for the first time. Thankfully she is loving it which has helped with settling in here!

She comes out of school with a smile on her face and happy to chat on the walk home, which is a complete change from the UK where her first words were a very whingey "I'm hungry, have you got a snack"!! then we would drive home and she would have just about enough energy to sit in front of the TV and that's all.

She was worried that the kids would think she talked 'funny' but there are quite a few nationalities in her class that it hasn't been an issue.

Where are you based? Hope you are settling well and she has had a good day at school!

Shelley

Hi Sarah,

I know that feeling!! My daughter started school 2 weeks ago and was a very daunting experience leaving her there for the first time. Thankfully she is loving it which has helped with settling in here!

She comes out of school with a smile on her face and happy to chat on the walk home, which is a complete change from the UK where her first words were a very whingey "I'm hungry, have you got a snack"!! then we would drive home and she would have just about enough energy to sit in front of the TV and that's all.

She was worried that the kids would think she talked 'funny' but there are quite a few nationalities in her class that it hasn't been an issue.

Where are you based? Hope you are settling well and she has had a good day at school!

Shelley

Hi Shelly

Thanks for your reply Iam a complete bag of nerves at the moment dont know what to do with myself, hubbys in work so its just me so house seems very quiet and i jump at every noise lol.

Iam glad your daughter has settled into school, hope Joanna does too, she was also worried they wouldnt able to understand her - shes also very shy. We are in Mindarie at the moment but shes going to Springhill in Tapping as thats where our rental house is going to be. where about are you.

Sarah

Hi,

I have my 4 year old at home so not too quiet but the house does feel very big and there are a lot of strange noises that go on during the day so I know what you mean!

We are in Canning Vale (SOR) and fortunately moved straight into a long term rental so Lillie started at school after the April holiday break.

The kindy at the local schools are all full at the moment so my 4 year old is at home with me, desperate to go to school!!

Guest Bellaleggos
Hi Shelly

Thanks for your reply Iam a complete bag of nerves at the moment dont know what to do with myself, hubbys in work so its just me so house seems very quiet and i jump at every noise lol.

Iam glad your daughter has settled into school, hope Joanna does too, she was also worried they wouldnt able to understand her - shes also very shy. We are in Mindarie at the moment but shes going to Springhill in Tapping as thats where our rental house is going to be. where about are you.

Sarah

Hi there, how did her first day go? My little girl is at Spring Hill. She's in pre-primary. It's a lovely little school. Am sure she'll be just fine, and so will you ?

she had a great first day came out soooooooooooo happy second day she had a little wobble which last all of 5 minutes and was ok again - this is a very shy child who wont speak to anyone she doesnt know and is shy around family she doesnt see often. She comes out sooooooo happy its amazing and she eats her dinner which really is a first fingers crossed it will continue. I went for a run today to take my mind off things which was nice although next time i must remember water iam not running in the uk now this places is amazing