Wa sponsership

My agent has submitted my WA sponsership application today. Im really hoping this will go smoothly, what could possily go wrong now. Ive got through the TRA and IELTS (3 times) ive spent the last year waiting for various results on different stages of the emigration roller coaster. Does anyone know how long this bit will take? From what im told after this the 489 visa can be applied for and thats it then. Am I being realistic thinking my visa may be issued by end of July? All this uncertainty is soul destroying.

Andy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi andyplasterer good luck with your application I've just submitted my ss application aswell so be good to know how you get on. How is it every time you get to the next stage the panick sets in? I've been searching constantly to see if anyone has been refused ss.lol I think the time we actually get visas well either be nervous wrecks or alcoholics.lol

Hi andyplasterer good luck with your application I've just submitted my ss application aswell so be good to know how you get on. How is it every time you get to the next stage the panick sets in? I've been searching constantly to see if anyone has been refused ss.lol I think the time we actually get visas well either be nervous wrecks or alcoholics.lol

Hi we received WA state sponsorship around 10 days after applying, our invite to lodge took 6 days we are lodging visa this week and been informed that visa should be here around 8 weeks or so.

Hi we received WA state sponsorship around 10 days after applying, our invite to lodge took 6 days we are lodging visa this week and been informed that visa should be here around 8 weeks or so.

8 weeks, at last the end is in sight, or should I say....the beginning !

Hi JKM - Well done to you. Did you do it yourself or use an agent?

We are considering doing our own EOI/Visa - but for a 489 regional visa - did you have to supply lots of documents and do a lot of research?

Cheers

Hi Andy.

I'm now on 22 days an I know there are a couple of others on here in a similar position. It's starting to feel a bit desperate as I was of the same thinking as you and have been religiously checking my emails in the anticipation that it must come soon.

Keep the faith and try not to get too frustrated!! (That's what I keep telling myself anyway!)

My agent has submitted my WA sponsership application today. Im really hoping this will go smoothly, what could possily go wrong now. Ive got through the TRA and IELTS (3 times) ive spent the last year waiting for various results on different stages of the emigration roller coaster. Does anyone know how long this bit will take? From what im told after this the 489 visa can be applied for and thats it then. Am I being realistic thinking my visa may be issued by end of July? All this uncertainty is soul destroying.

Andy

hi andy are you qualifying for a visa through your profession. I am a decorator with 10 years exp bu no qualifications. Trying to find the best visa to suit me

regards

Hi nikkis2000 and nancy,

my agent emailed me saying that at the moment its taking WA 2 to 3 weeks so im going off that. It will be 3 weeks this friday. Ill keep you both informed.

Pimcrae

I was in the same boat as you I had the experience but no qualifications. I had to do an AQF111 in plastering before I could apply to TRA to prove my trade. I could only get 15 points for my age though so that may not be an issue with you. Im using an agent, have you tried asking an agent for advice they will let you know whats the best route to go down.

Its free to make an initial enquiry.

Cheers Andy

Hi nikkis2000 and nancy,

my agent emailed me saying that at the moment its taking WA 2 to 3 weeks so im going off that. It will be 3 weeks this friday. Ill keep you both informed.

Cheers Andy

My agent told me the same - it'll be 5 weeks on Thursday since we lodged our application :sad:

Have you had a case officer assigned?

Hi Nancy,

I'm not sure what documentation got uploaded because we used an agent. All I had to do was fill out a form that they use to complete the online form. However i had supplied a whole load of stuff for my skills assessment that they re-used.

Maybe andyplasterer can help as he used a different agent?

If it helps at all I had a CO assigned 2 weeks after I lodged, but haven't heard dicky bird since!

Good luck with your application and I'll keep you posted!

Edited by Nikkis2000
Spelling!

Thanks I was doing it on my own and had heard several stories about people uploading documents but I just filled in the form and then it went straight to payment so got a bit worried , I'm hoping these are requested when you get a co as it didnt say anything about attaching files hoping so or I've hit another huge blip.lol

Hi nikkis2000 and nancy,

Pimcrae

I was in the same boat as you I had the experience but no qualifications. I had to do an AQF111 in plastering before I could apply to TRA to prove my trade. I could only get 15 points for my age though so that may not be an issue with you. Im using an agent, have you tried asking an agent for advice they will let you know whats the best route to go down.

Its free to make an initial enquiry.

Cheers Andy

hi andy thanks for the info

which agent have you used and you may of already answered this but how long has it taken since you obtained your aqf111

regards

nikkis2000

Im a bit confused, i thought i would only get assigned a CO when applying for the 489 visa. my agent has been dealing with everything but as far as I understand we get through the SS first then apply for the visa. Ive only paid the $200 fee to WA for this stage. When the SS comes back I think we then pay the $3080.00 and wait to be called for medicals and CRB.

What do you think?

Thanks Andy

It seems you get assigned a CO for the state sponsorship too.

As far as I can tell you don't have as much contact with them as you do for the actual visa but it makes sense that someone has to go through your app and come back to you with any queries if there are any.

As I said to Nancy it's a bit difficult for me to comment because i'm using an agent and I haven't filled out the online form or read the info for myself.

I have adopted the attitude that the official advice from WA is that SS can take up to six weeks. Rather than assume its going to come through in the 'average' time quoted by my agent I will be happy if it comes through faster than 6 weeks!! It's the only way to save my sanity!

Hi andy that's been what's confusing me!! When I got my confirmation email it said a case officer will contact you if any more information is required so I assumed that's when I sent all the info getting a bit worried incase I've missed something...the panic sets in again.. Aghhhh