Arriving on the 16th November

JohnC

All set for the move now, been a long time coming and really looking forward to our new life. (Me, the wife and two kids, girls 10 and 5) We have accommodation booked in Currambine for 6 weeks and will seek a more permanent home from there.

What I would like to know is what are the essential things we need to be getting sorted asap?

Oh aye, what's the weather like?

Congratulations guys : ) we arrived feb and its flown by!!

Things that i would get a crack on with include - registering with medicare, applying for tax file numbers,

Registering with centrelink (oz benefit type system) dependent on your visa/ entitlements (they take a little while) , applying for a wa driving licence.

No doubt I will of forgotten something more important than all of the above!! ; )

Just my opinion but internet whilst looking for a house/schools/jobs (ok prerty much anything) we found invaluable so an internet dongle thing will come in handy, i would also sort yourself out with a couple of oz simcards, they are a couple of dollars and get yourselves phoned up! Dependent on your employment state , i would grab a copy of the wa paper on sat morning, jobs seem to be advertised here or on the wed on sites like seek from what i can tell. Also it may be be helpful to buy either an oz tom tom or at least have the maps on yours so you can go and see your prospective house!!

One last thing, it might be worth having a look at a map and drawing a rough type of guide at to where you might want to live rather than looking everywhere (i found it quite overwhelming) depending on where you can afford to live and important bits like schools, distance to work, good train/freeway links. Then you want to start going to the house opens : )

Right thats enough from me now little one appears to be asleep!!

Good luck and the weather is warming up lovely mid 20's to 30.

Congrats on the move. Hope it all goes well. How long has it taken you to get to this stage?

I decided to move to Oz late November 2012, nearly a year for me so far.

Hi, we went the aphra/pr route, not that much fun wsiting but worth it in the end. Hope that you hear shortly!! : )

Congrats on the move. Hope it all goes well. How long has it taken you to get to this stage?

I decided to move to Oz late November 2012, nearly a year for me so far.

We started the process about April 2012, been talking about this for over 10 years though!

Congratulations guys : ) we arrived feb and its flown by!!

Things that i would get a crack on with include - registering with medicare, applying for tax file numbers,

Registering with centrelink (oz benefit type system) dependent on your visa/ entitlements (they take a little while) , applying for a wa driving licence.

No doubt I will of forgotten something more important than all of the above!! ; )

Just my opinion but internet whilst looking for a house/schools/jobs (ok prerty much anything) we found invaluable so an internet dongle thing will come in handy, i would also sort yourself out with a couple of oz simcards, they are a couple of dollars and get yourselves phoned up! Dependent on your employment state , i would grab a copy of the wa paper on sat morning, jobs seem to be advertised here or on the wed on sites like seek from what i can tell. Also it may be be helpful to buy either an oz tom tom or at least have the maps on yours so you can go and see your prospective house!!

One last thing, it might be worth having a look at a map and drawing a rough type of guide at to where you might want to live rather than looking everywhere (i found it quite overwhelming) depending on where you can afford to live and important bits like schools, distance to work, good train/freeway links. Then you want to start going to the house opens : )

Right thats enough from me now little one appears to be asleep!!

Good luck and the weather is warming up lovely mid 20's to 30.

Thanks for the advice.