Jump to content


  1. Moving to Perth

    1. Visas and Migration

      Q & A's about Emigrating to Perth

    2. Shipping

      Removals, Shipping Cars, Pets, Household Goods

    3. Money Transfers: Ask Moneycorp

      Chat with Moneycorp about moving your money to / from Australia

  2. General Chat

    1. Welcome

      Don't be shy...introduce yourself!

    2. News & Chat

      General news and chat

    3. Recreation & Socialising

      Looking to meet new people, join a sporting club, organise a get together, places to eat and drink, travel, holiday in Aus and more. All goes here.

  3. Life in Perth

    1. Health Care

      Discuss all things to do with healthcare.

    2. Money & Finance

      Anything to do with mortgages, lending, exchange rates or finance in general.

    3. Jobs, Careers, Vacancies

      All things job wise

    4. Education

      Talk about kindegarten, schools and higher education in Perth.

    5. 8,632
    6. Household

      Removals, creepie crawlies and does it work in Perth?

    7. Kids Down Under

      A forum for chat about schools, playgroups, kids clubs, childcare options, activities, days out, where to shop, playparks and more

    8. Travel & Flights

      Discuss travel, vacations, flights

    9. Food and Drink

      A place to discuss food and drink around Perth

    10. For Sale / Wanted

      Sell your unwanted items here....

  • New Topics

  • Latest Posts

    • I have a furnished 3 bed available in Clarkson close to the train station. give me a call on 0418945173 Alan
    • Thanks so much for the detailed reply. This puts our mind at rest as yeah the price is so much lower than the others. We’ve flown Emirates, Qatar, Malaysian, Virgin and Qantas and out of those Malaysian was the better but now Thai is coming up at $4300 which is superb and if the service is good as you say I think we’ll go for it. I’ll remember the passport tip for sure. Thanks Bristle, much appreciated.
    • Here is how things went. Check-in at PERTH Airport was very quick and got through all the security checks easily. There was a delay of 30mins in boarding but no announcements were made and the departures screen said nothing so a bit of confusion but eventually boarded very quickly. First Flight Cabin crew were polite and helpful. Snacks and drinks were served early in the flight and then main meal. If wanting wine ask for a couple of glasses as only pour a small measure. OH had booked “bland” option for food and had chicken, mashed potato and green beans for main course. The normal option was chicken curry with rice or beef with potato gratin. Soft drinks were brought around during the flight and alcohol could be asked for. Entertainment was OK and, although I had seen some of the films, there was plenty to view. Bangkok Airport transfer only a short stop but did not enjoy the experience as over 30 degrees and no aircon in the airport. After walking from the plane drop off through to transfer lounge were drenched and felt uncomfortable until we were able to board the second flight. Second Flight Again there was a delay in boarding, with no announcements, but we boarded quickly so weren’t too late in leaving.  Service was the same as first flight so no complaints. First meal “bland” option was salmon with rice. Main options were Chicken Thai green curry or a pork stew. Wine served by half measure again. Same entertainment as first flight but managed to keep ourselves occupied. Plane was darkened for large part of flight so people could sleep but extra drinks available on request. Breakfast: Bland option was fish with potato balls, main option was hash brown, pork sausage and omelette. Heathrow Airport Disembarked quickly and then reached immigration. Use your UK passport if possible as the non-EU line was horrendous. When we reached the luggage reclaim there were piles of luggage from other flights awaiting collection. They also started to make a pile of luggage awaiting people from our flight. Overall the trip was not bad and the flight were OK. We saved $600pp on the whole trip so can’t complain. Flight service was good and we have travelled with Emirates and Singapore before. Due to the price saving it was worth it for us (apart from Bangkok Airport).  Hope this helps.
    • Hello to you all, Can anyone who has recently submitted a Partner Visa application please tell me what the size of photos and documents should be please before uploading? We are almost ready to submitt application. If they were too big would they not upload? Any help would be so much appreciated, thank you. Xx
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Moneycorp