Bricklayer on working holiday visa!

Guest Richard

Guest Richard

Hi there I am arriving in Australia- Perth on June 6th 2011 on a 1 year working holiday visa.. I am a qualified bricklayer and have plenty of labouring experience. I would be very grateful for any employment information/advice anyone may have and how well the construction industry is doing in perth at this present time or if any is looking for bricklayers? i've heard it may be difficult to get construction work as im only on a 1 year working holiday visa but this could lead to perminent residency if it all goes well.

Thank you for your time.

Richard Brown

• 4 weeks later...
Guest joe1878

Im also a bricklayer 21yrs old and was thinking about doing pretty much the same as you this summer but for 2 years. just got to make sure ive got the balls to go through with it.

Guest joncaz
Im also a bricklayer 21yrs old and was thinking about doing pretty much the same as you this summer but for 2 years. just got to make sure ive got the balls to go through with it.

Go for it what have you go to loose? I'm 40 and we are making the move in January if I was alot younger I would have done it years ago.

Good Luck