"Down Under Live" Exhibition.......is it worth going??

Guest NicNic85

Guest NicNic85

I was just wondering if anybody had been to the exhibition "Down

Under Live" in either Birmingham or London?

I am currently in my final year of studying for a Diploma in Adult Nursing,

with the hope of qualifying next summer (2012) and also hoping to join

a "Graduate Nurse Program" in WA.

As I am very new to this whole process, I thought that the "Down Under

Live" exbo would be very informative, worthwhile and a great way of

obtaining whether I will be eligible for making the move to Perth.

If anybody has been to the exhibition and has advice on what to take

with me, I would be very much appreciative.

Cheers

Nic

Hi, we went last year and found it useful and interesting. I am a nurse and western australia health service were there and gave lots of advice and info.We also had a chat with removal people and a financial advisor.There were some really good talks going on the whole day.

We were very earl on in the process but found it well worth while.

Not sure if you need to take anything? We didn't.

Good luck! Judy

Hi ,we have submitted our visa application and are waiting to hear!! nail biting stuff! We submitted in June and hope to hear in the next month or so then the fun really begins! I am lucky enough to have an australian passport so my oh and kids are being sponsered by me for permanent residency! Wish us luck!

Guest NicNic85

GOOD LUCK Judy. You all must be so excited :-)

Wow, that isnt that long to wwait for your visas, if you applied for June. Do you have a job lined up in Perth?

I apologise for all the questions, but it will be just me moving over, and am a very new broom haha.

Hi, Nic, any questions fine!! My other half works for the fire service and has been making contact with them but cannot get a job sorted till we get there! I still look after the kids but hope to get a job once my youngest has started school!

What visa are you hoping to go out on and where do you fancy living? We still cannot decide between north or south of the river!

Guest NicNic85

Hey Judy, oh thats cool I am sure your OH will have no problem finding a job :-). To be honest, I really don't know which Visa to apply for, can you recommend any good websites for Information about the different ones? Regarding where to live, I am definitely liking the look of North Perth: especially round Scarborough. It seems that the North has more to offer, whereas the South seems quieter.

HI again. I did most of my research on the internet, the Australian government immigration site is excellent and has details on all types of visa's. I guess with the nursing thing it may be a bit different and you may need to speak to an agency that recruits overseas nurses.If you are young enough there is always the working holiday visa? I would speak to a migration agent if i was you. We used go matilda and they are excellent but there are lots of them listed in the australia and new zealand magazine every month.

I had a long free chat with them at the very beginning to find out the best way of doing things.!

Scarborough does look nice, i think we will wait till we get there and drive around!

Guest NicNic85

Oh ok brilliant, I will definitely have to check out the Australia government immigration website.

Yeah, I agree having read about it, I think Scarborough looks great, but then so do alot

of the suburbs. If you dont mind me asking Judy, how long has the whole process taken you

from first applying for your visas?