Rental advice sought

Guest Mully Mulgar

Guest Mully Mulgar

Hi - me and the wife arrive in Perth mid-May; I start at the Police Academy in June but will be posted to Fremantle after my localisation course.

Can anyone out there suggest a suburb we can rent in that offers reasonable commutes to both Joondalup and Fremantle? I will be required to work from my Station for periods throughout the course so it would be handy to stay somewhere "in between" - I realise that might be a tall order (big old toon!).

We'll be looking to move after my training course, possibly to Mandurah, but again, we're open to suggestions.

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Guest luff900

Hi, are you due to start on June 8th? Can you tell me how long you waited for immigration to come back to you and let you know whether you were in or not? My partner is due to start at Joondalup on the 8th Jun and we are still waiting to hear from immigration?

I hope you find a property nice and quickly ,all the best in your move.

Jo-anna

Guest Mully Mulgar

Karen, thanks! just in the process of chucking out all the stuff thats been lying in boxes since we last moved(!); Jo-anna, I've pm'd you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tambelin
Hi - me and the wife arrive in Perth mid-May; I start at the Police Academy in June but will be posted to Fremantle after my localisation course.

Can anyone out there suggest a suburb we can rent in that offers reasonable commutes to both Joondalup and Fremantle? I will be required to work from my Station for periods throughout the course so it would be handy to stay somewhere "in between" - I realise that might be a tall order (big old toon!).

We'll be looking to move after my training course, possibly to Mandurah, but again, we're open to suggestions.

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Hi,

I'm a serving member of WAPOL (13 yrs) & I've advertised to rent my house out in Tapping. It'd be ideal as it's only 5 km's away from the Academy (I run or ride to the Academy gym daily). The train station is also only 5 km's away & there's a bus stop only 1 street away that can take you to the train station/shopping centre etc. You could catch the train to Fremantle easily enough & not have to worry about peak hour traffic north or south. Police also get free public transport. For more information re: bus/trains timetables checkout the TransPerth website...I'd prefer long term tenants but would consider a shorter 6 month agreement for a fellow officer. My house will be available 1st week in May & I have photo's upon request I can email.

All the best with the move

• 1 month later...
Guest adenray

Hi

Congratulations on your big move.

Please be advised that we have an immaculate 4 x 2 property available for rent from 9th June 2008. Its in carramar, just 5 minutes from the Police Academy in Joondalup.

Sought after Area - Property located within walking distance to St Stephen's High School, Carramar and Tapping Primary Schools and a new shopping centre (opening Nov/Dec 2008). Also close to Joondalup Police Academy and the Joondalup Health Campus.

Beautiful 2 1/2 years old

4 x 2 (both bathrooms have a bath and a shower & all bedrooms have built in robes & accommodate Queen size beds - that's King size to you folks in the UK!)

Easy maintenance gardens

Remote controlled double garage

Undercover entertainment area

Solar Heated Swimming Pool

Separate Study

Separate Theatre Room

Separate Games Room

Large Kitchen/Dining/Family Room

Built in Cupboards to Laundry/Utility Room with additional storage room

All bedrooms are laid with carpet, with walkthrough areas tiled

Neutral decor throughout

If you are interested in the property and would like further details then please do not hesitate to contact me. Alternatively you can contact Kristie at HarcourtsGBT in Joondalup on 93003344.

Regards and thanks,

Lorraine Archer