White goods and car

Guest Tyles

Guest Tyles

Has anyone moved to Australia with their white goods?

We've had conflicting information about being able to move this with us.

We would like to take an almost brand new freezer, but not 100% sure if this is allowed?

Hau anyone brought their car? And regretted it later? Our car's got some optical damage which makes it difficult to sell (5 years old) and as the employer pays the removal, we thought might as well take it on us to pay the extra cost (tax and GST). Any advice? It's a Citroen Berlingo by the way..

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Guest emi-great

Hi

I would do research about bringing your Citroen as I have not seen the model here & we run a motor workshop, although there could be a few. It is difficult to get Citroen parts for repairs as there are only two Citroen dealerships here in Perth I think & the cars arent very popular here, so parts arent easily available in the aftermarket.

I dont mean to put you off bringing the car but be aware that if you had problems with it you would probably have to either have it fixed by a main dealer or at the least would be paying for genuine parts which can be expensive.

I think the newer fridges & freezers are ok here

Eve

www.emi-great.com

• 1 month later...
Has anyone moved to Australia with their white goods?

We've had conflicting information about being able to move this with us.

We would like to take an almost brand new freezer, but not 100% sure if this is allowed?

Hau anyone brought their car? And regretted it later? Our car's got some optical damage which makes it difficult to sell (5 years old) and as the employer pays the removal, we thought might as well take it on us to pay the extra cost (tax and GST). Any advice? It's a Citroen Berlingo by the way..

Cheers!

Bring everything! Don't leave anything that still runs but don't bring your car. Unless you hace a special car or an expensive car it will not be worth it. A Berlingo is neither of these (Sorry), and is not the vehicle for this country.