Advice Please

Guest katydaily

Guest katydaily

Hi, we have just moved to Bunbury from the UK and as I have two kids think I should get registered with a GP and dentist sooner rather than later. Can anyone recommend any? Don't really mind where in the vicinity they are, just that they are competent and relatively friendly. Also, we need to sort some health insurance in this regard as well, again, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

Hi Katy, I live in Bunbury and you've got plenty to choose from. Not sure where you live in Bunbury or whether you are entitled to Medicare. If you are entitled to Medicare then a freebie option would be Forrest Family Practice on Spencer St. You can just walk in without an appointment and see a doc and you don't usually have to wait too long to be seen. They bulk bill to Medicare, so you don't have to empty your wallet and they are open every day of the year from 8am to 8pm. The other GP clinic that we use is Dr Foster & Assoc on Spencer St. You'll have to pay for the privilege although kids are free (bulk billed). There's a couple of quacks in there that I refuse to see but most of the others are pretty good.

As for a dentist, the one I use is excellent. Bunbury Oral Care Centre on Wittenoom St in Bunbury. Out of all the dentists I have used (and I have used a fair few) he is by far the best and all his dental technicians do a quality job.

Send me a PM if you want any further help.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Phil

Guest katydaily

Thanks Phil, that is a great start. We are fairly central in Bunbury at the moment but are considering a move out to Dalyellup. However, my older child is almost 11 and seems to be picking up a few niggles, I'm sure they are probably just growing pains as it were but one has been ongoing for some time at a low level. We were told at home it was just a soft tissue injury but almost a year down the line it still seems to flare up. I don't want to be a neurotic mother but I think a soft tissue injury should have cleared by now. As for teeth, well, there's always something going on!

Guest honitel

Hello Katy,

You're not a neurotic mother, you're just normal mother ;) And a little issue must be really be take response sooner.

Good day!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest katydaily

Hi Phil, just thought I would let you know that we have used both the dentist and doctor (Forrest Family) that you recommended, and both came up trumps. Thanks for the advice.

Kate

That's good news Kate. Lam is an excellent dentist even if he only comes in for a couple of minutes at the end to double check his hygienists work. I've had him take out a wisdom tooth and from the time I left my work (which is just around the corner) to the time I got back was 50 minutes. As for Forrest Family Practice, I love the fact you don't have to dip into your pocket and also the speed with which you're seen to by a doctor is quick. Even if you need to see the nurse or give a sample of something, it's all there in the one place.