Carpenters in WA

Guest Den&Eammon

Guest Den&Eammon

Hi everyone

We will hopefully be applying for state sponsorship to WA soon (Eammon has got his carpentry practical test on 21 July, so all being well that he passes that, we'll be able to send our forms off)

We finally decided on Perth after months of debating between that and Brisbane - as it seems to offer the lifestyle we're looking for.

But then...... I read on another forum today, that carpenters are finding it difficult to get work in WA :o.

Obviously finding work is one of the main factors for us, but carpenters are on the WA skills shortage, so surely there must be a call for them? Any advice would be very much appreciated :D.

Thanks

Den

• 1 year later...
Guest Lorraine & Jason
Hi everyone

We will hopefully be applying for state sponsorship to WA soon (Eammon has got his carpentry practical test on 21 July, so all being well that he passes that, we'll be able to send our forms off)

We finally decided on Perth after months of debating between that and Brisbane - as it seems to offer the lifestyle we're looking for.

But then...... I read on another forum today, that carpenters are finding it difficult to get work in WA :o.

Obviously finding work is one of the main factors for us, but carpenters are on the WA skills shortage, so surely there must be a call for them? Any advice would be very much appreciated :D.

Thanks

Den

Hi there!

Unsure if you got your visa or not or if your even still registered with this site. We were granted our State Sponsored Visa on the 1st July. Jason is a Carpenter and we leave for Perth on the 6th January 2010. Can you tell me if your there and what the availability is for Carpenters???

Guest Lorraine & Jason

Hi there!

Unsure if you got your visa or not or if your even still registered with this site. We were granted our State Sponsored Visa on the 1st July. Jason is a Carpenter and we leave for Perth on the 6th January 2010. Can you tell me if your there and what the availability is for Carpenters???