Steiner Schools

Guest Nicki Maskelyne

Guest Nicki Maskelyne

There is a possibility that we could be moving to Perth in the future, we are waiting to hear whether my husband has a sponsored job or not and then we would obviously need to apply for the 457 visa.

Despite there not being any guarantee of the move I've still been researching schools etc in Perth. My eldest daughter attends a local state Steiner School here in the UK and this style of education works really well for her so if we do move to Perth I would like try and keep this up and hopefully my younger two children will be able to go as well. I haven't ruled out the state schools as I know the education is not the same as the UK but at the moment if we can finance it this would be my preferred choice.

Does anyone send their children to one of the Steiner Schools in the Perth area at all and how do you find them if you do?

Guest jojo_muir

There's a large Steiner school in Bibra Lake. Not sure of their website, but if you're into Steiner education then perhaps look at them online. The independent education sector in Perth is actually really strong. There are lots of 'alternative' schools - Montessori schools like BeeHive, Reggio Emelia schools like Bold Park Community School, the Quintilian School and my favourite which is Moerlina. Google them all!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nicki Maskelyne

Thank you jojo I will certainly look into these. We've been told that there is a 95% chance he'll be offered a position at the end of Jan beginning of Feb so at least I have some time to search around and then can follow anything up if/when he gets a job offer.