bricklayers

Guest newmani

Guest john sproule

Hi .my sons a bricky and he had to gpive it up a year a ago because off the slow down .he was earning $1 a brick.im a chipie/builder and spend 2 hours a day for the last 10 weeks trying to get work.have a look on gumtree to see what the work situation is like here.i was offered more work in the uk than here when I was over 3 months ago.if yyou have contacts here prior to coming you may be ok.im floging a dead horse here

Thanks for reply John, have heard this and yes, its a worry! We've just applied for State sponsorship, and if its approved, will have to decide if we part with another £3K for the visa and make the move. Whereabouts in Perth are you? We are looking at the Mandurah area, people seem to think there is work, but obviously there is a slow down and who knows if its going to get any worse (like the last 5 years in the UK).

You are right though, in the UK think things seem to be showing very slow signs of recovery - remember we were the first hit, so hopefully should be first to recover. Are you back/going back to the UK? We are really undecided on what we should do. What seems to be the job situation as a whole, thinking I might get a job doing something different, just for a change of lifestyle??

Hiya mate we came over here 4 mths ago to Mandurah on a 176ss, there is work about in fact the job papers have a few every wed and sat....im getting $250 a day but once youve got about a years WA experience building houses i will go on my own, Mandurah is a nice place and theres loads of Brits here....UK will take years to get back on its feet

• 2 weeks later...
Guest newmani

Thanks for the help guys, ive been offered a regional visa think its 468 maybe? it would mean i get placed somwhere for 2 years then have the option to stay and then can do my own thing. im not 100% sure how this works so any advice welcome. thats not to say im going to accept that visa but it may be a stepping stone, i would also be happy to start a squad over there if anyone is interested? think it could make life easier work wise and socialy. think we all know thats its easier to team up with a squad than do it alone. are you guys over there alone or with wife and kids? Im going with my girlfriend and 2 kids

• 1 year later...