shipping a pallet with personnel items - advise please

Guest chrisandnicole

Guest chrisandnicole

hi all im looking for info on shipping a pallet box of items over from the uk to perth, it will contain a tv, computer, stereo, cd collection, cookery books, clothes, curtains, bedding and some kids toys and tools, the only thing that i can see that might be of concern are wooden pictur frames and kitchen ware

I am looking for any advice on contents and also the best way togo about it, do i just arrange a courier to collect this end then collect from the port in perth,

I know i have to list all the boxed items for customs but do i need todo anything else?

cheers chris

Guest pommybob
hi all im looking for info on shipping a pallet box of items over from the uk to perth, it will contain a tv, computer, stereo, cd collection, cookery books, clothes, curtains, bedding and some kids toys and tools, the only thing that i can see that might be of concern are wooden pictur frames and kitchen ware

I am looking for any advice on contents and also the best way togo about it, do i just arrange a courier to collect this end then collect from the port in perth,

I know i have to list all the boxed items for customs but do i need todo anything else?

cheers chris

Hi Chris,

Your list looks OK.

If the picture frames are painted there shouldn't be a problem.

We got our shipper to pick up the stuff in the UK and they handled evertything and liaised with a shipping company in Perth.

It can take upto 12 weeks for the stuff to arrive here and when it arrrives the import shipper will contact you to say that your gear is ready to clear customs. You then have about a week to clear the paperwork and after that there could be storage charges for your stuff.

You have to go to a customs close to the airport and pay the import fees, then go to a bonded warehouse, which in our case was close to Fremantle. There will be someone from Customs at the bonded warehouse to go through your stuff, but it's not a big deal.

Good luck!