TRA Migration Skills Assessment form

Guest Sidney03

Guest Sidney03

Hi all,

When completing the TRA Migration Skills Assessment for, does anyone know what you do if the companies you previously worked for and hence need references from are no longer running? Unfortunately, this is an issue with a couple of companies that my partner worked for.

Thank you

Hi all,

When completing the TRA Migration Skills Assessment for, does anyone know what you do if the companies you previously worked for and hence need references from are no longer running? Unfortunately, this is an issue with a couple of companies that my partner worked for.

Thank you

My husband was employed by a firm that had been taken over after he left their employment. He had to ask the former owner who he still keeps in contact with to write him a reference. If you cannot get something similar, then do a Stat Dec stating this.

Anything that you cannot provide paper evidence for will need a Statutory Declaration. The Inland Revenue could not provide copies of records for 2002 for my husband as their records only went back to 2003 so we completed a Stat Dec and had it sworn before a lawyer. This was accepted by TRA.

Good Luck