Future

Guest Nathan1996

Guest Nathan1996

Im new in perth and my friends have no idea about TAFE or anything. So i just waned to know what is a pre-apprenticeship and is the same as TAFE or what comes first pre-apprentice or TAFE?

-confused

Ok i shall explain slowly. You go to TAFE to do the pre apprenticeship course which you would book all by yourself by calling the TAFE( i believe you pay for it although i may be wrong). Then when you complete the course you apply to an electrical contacting company that is looking to hire an apprentice. If you get a job then as part of your training you will attend TAFE either 1 day a week( day release) or for a couple of weeks at a time (block release) for the duration of your 4 year apprenticeship.

Speak to these people a lot of the apprentices in WA are government sponsored through NECA and hired out to companies. http://www.egt.net.au/

I know you do and i have been explaining how it works. I am an electrician and i obviously work with apprentices. The pre apprenticeship is a course designed for school leavers who want to be apprentices in the electrical industry. If you want to be a sparky you need a job and you are trained through the job as i explained before. You cannot go to TAFE for 4 years and then become qualified as you must have on the job training too and complete an apprenticeship. You get sent to TAFE as part of your job.