Hairdressers/barbers

knights13

Chrislnd. What's AQF if you don't mind me asking.

Debs

Hi travelchic,

as I didn't have enough training time to be classed as a 3 year apprenticeship I had to obtain a AQF 111, lots of paper work, 2 hr Skype interview, had to perform a haircut on Skype, 4 hairdressing exams and the total cost was £1900, I must really want to go to Oz :biglaugh:

Hi travelchic,

as I didn't have enough training time to be classed as a 3 year apprenticeship I had to obtain a AQF 111, lots of paper work, 2 hr Skype interview, had to perform a haircut on Skype, 4 hairdressing exams and the total cost was £1900, I must really want to go to Oz :biglaugh:

mines treble that!!

Debs

Hi, I'm going through the early stages with an agent, just passed my AQF111 and re-sat my ielts for the third time!!, hoping to go in on a 190 visa, once I have the AQF cert then it's trade assessment next.

Aqf111 whats that please?

How are you finding it so far.

Thanks

Hi sttp and goat.

Do you really find there are enough hairdressers out there?.

I have been reading and have found that although there may be plenty people are looking for english trained hairdressers...

Do you think this is correct?.

I have just done a hot towel cut throat shave course too. To add to my skills.

Thanks Janine

Hi sttp and goat.

Do you really find there are enough hairdressers out there?. I have been reading and have found that although there may be plenty people are looking for english trained hairdressers... Do you think this is correct?. Thanks Janine

All I know that here in Joondalup city that there have been several closures over the years and that it seems that has been a common issue in other suburbs. Many UK hairdressers now also work from home or run around as mobile hairdressers but have no idea if they are making enough to live or if these are second wage earners where there is another main income earner in the family. If the visa application process says that they still need them then they must need them but to me the place is absolutely awash with shops. Every time you pass they are all nearly empty though. Not sure why? My wife uses an English girl who owned a shop but had to close it because she was just not getting the volume of trade needed to run the business. (She has three people she knew who closed shops as well all within a year for the same reason.) She and her husband bought a house and converted two rooms at the rear into her sitting area / cutting area and is now doing really well because she does not have the oveheads of a shop and all that goes with that. Lifestyle through the roof.

It would be good if both some employed and self employed hairdressers could come on here and advise because most stuff on these threads is word of mouth in relation to this sector.

As for looking for English trained hairdressers you need to be careful with that terminology I would guess..... :wink: You have already alienated the rest of the UK hairdresser fraternity reading your post and if you came over here could hack off the locals as well if they got wind of that theory :wink: :wink: Why would people over here be looking for English trained hairdressers specifically? :wink:

Edited by StraighttothePoint