Vetassess (plumbing)

GMAC

Hi Roxy,

I have my IELTS test booked for the 06/07 in London. Did my online Vetassess application two nights ago and now getting all my documents and work evidence together. Working really hard to get it all together and certified to be sent off ASAP.

How much evidence did your OH send to Vetassess and has he completed his IELTS test yet?

I work in Maintenance as a multi-skilled tradesman but am the site plumber at a regional distribution centre. I am quite apprehensive about taking the skills assessment and IELTS but will be giving it my best as me my OH and two boys are hope to be in Perth end of 2014 or beginning of 2015.

When are you hoping to be in Perth?

Hi Roxy,

I have my IELTS test booked for the 06/07 in London. Did my online Vetassess application two nights ago and now getting all my documents and work evidence together. Working really hard to get it all together and certified to be sent off ASAP.

How much evidence did your OH send to Vetassess and has he completed his IELTS test yet?

I work in Maintenance as a multi-skilled tradesman but am the site plumber at a regional distribution centre. I am quite apprehensive about taking the skills assessment and IELTS but will be giving it my best as me my OH and two boys are hope to be in Perth end of 2014 or beginning of 2015.

When are you hoping to be in Perth?

We just got written references from 3 of his employers and payslips from 2 of them... The 3rd we couldn't find payslips from being so long ago. He left school when he was 15 so I was worried about the IELTS but he used the practice papers for 2-3 weeks each night and got the middle score... So 7 I think? It was a few months back... That's all wee needed to get the 60 points. We've already been in Perth.. Probably for around 4 years between us... On different visas etc Now I'm expecting our first child in November we're trying to secure PR, our current visa expires in 2016. Are you doing the application yourself or with an agent?

Just to say good luck with it. My hubby did this about 2 years ago and he said the guy doing the testing was quite cocky and not the friendliest. However, he did say that if you have been plumbing for a while and know your stuff you'll be fine. They have to weed out those who know what they're doing and those who don't, so if you have all the references and go in with confidence then you'll be absolutely fine. Get as many references and contacts as you can now as they'll still be useful when you come over and have to open up accounts and apply for work and licences.

Hi mate,

I did my plumbing vetassess at the college of North west London in Dec 2012, they said the day would be from 8.00 am til 1600....I was done and gone by 10.30.....if you are a plumber you will pass, honestly I worried for months about this and it is soooooo easy.....pipe up a basin and a toilet then a jig for a boiler, all waste pipe is push fit, you then do a little bit of gas pipe using threaded pipe using hand stocks and dyes (I always used the Rigid machine and have never used stocks and dyes) they show you how to use these so again do not worry, the questions again are easy, just swat up on septic tanks as you will be asked questions about them, that probably the hardest bit.

good luck, if you are a plumber you WILL pass.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi GMAC,

We got the news that hopefully you will be getting....Visa granted.....It is such a great feeling I had my IELTS in October 2012, then my vetassess practical in December, I think I got the results from my practical about 5 weeks later, once you have the results you book your medicals and sort your police checks, then it is just waiting, waiting and more waiting, hopefully it is all worth it....the hard work starts now I believe.....

Keep in touch

Steve